Chapter 3 : Fire

" My name is Nathanael. Nathanael Kurtzberg," he said,giving me a warm smile.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•

"I didn't exactly heard your name earlier," he said again but his smile turned to an awkward smile. "Oh, my name is Cherice Revere. I'm from Australia," I said, returning his smile. "Ah, I see," he said. We went through an awkward moment of silence and then suddenly the bell rang, meaning lunch was over. I was about to gather my stuff ( which was literally scattered on the floor ) when Nathanael helped me to do so. He handed my stuff and then he said, " T-thank you, for helping me gather MY stuff earlier".

"Y-you're welcome," I said. I smiled at him again and we went to class together. We went through the awkward silence again. 'God, I hate this,' I thought. It took me a while to realize that someone was watching me when I went to my seat. I looked down and made an eye contact with a familiar pair of naval blue eyes. His head was slightly turned to face me, but as soon as we made eye contact he turned back to hisoriginal position. I was weirded out. But I decided to just let it go cause it's not really a big deal. Besides, I'm used to stares.

Class started and well, it was boring. I even started to sketching on my Mathematics worksheet that I got. I drew a ballerina, doing an arabesque and random flowers decorated her body and background. I was so focused on my sketch that I almost jumped when the bell rang.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

I was walking home when I heard someone scream. I searched for the source of the scream but then a policeman shouted, "EVERYONE GET INTO YOU HOUSES OR GET SHELTER NOW THERE HAS BEEN A NEW AKUMATIZED VILLAIN. ON THE LOOSE!". "A-akumatized?!!" I was curious to know what does it mean but just in case it means that someone is gonna kill me, I ran to a small room between two buildings. As I closed the door, I saw a girl my age . She has brown hair and is wearing a purple and white suit with a large wifi icon on it.

When the door was closed, I was left in a pitch black room. It was small, like a mini closet. I sat down, sighing. I heard screams and lazer beams from the outside. I decided to get up and move away from the door. As I walked around the room, I noticed a strange black circle at one of the walls. The black was a lot darker than the other walls. I was curious, so I went to it and poked it. Suddenly a small part of the wall slid open, revealing a small tunnel. Full of wonder, I crouched down and crawled along the tunnel. I crawled and crawled until a strange light appeared at which I assume the end of the tunnel.

The tunnel led me to a bigger room, I could stand up now. I stared at the light. It was coming from the middle of the room. Without hesitation, I stretched out my hand and went towards the light. When I was almost at the middle of the room where the source of light is, I felt something on my wrist. Then, the room was flooded with a brighter light and then...

everything just went black.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•

I woke up in a jolt. I was in my room, the familiar purple themed room. I was on my bed. I stretched out and yawn. That was when I realized a cuff on my wrist. 'Huh? This wasn't here before..' I thought. I examined the cuff, it was golden and you could barely see but there was a carving of a phoenix. It was beautiful. Suddenly I heard a muffle voice saying, " U-uh. Hello? I'm sorry but you're squishing me!". Then, I felt something moving under my right calf. I moved my blanket out of the way and lifted my right leg. A small creature that looked like a bird flew out. I took one look at the creature.

Then I screamed.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

  I quickly got up from my bed and climbed down, "Wha-what are you??!! Stay away!" I yelled. "N-no please c-calm down, miss!" it said. " YOU CAN TALK??!!" I yelled again. "Nonononono," it said. I started running around my room like crazy. "Please stop! Let me explain!" it begged. Eventually, I got tired of running around and gave in. I slumped down on my couch and was ready to listen. I sighed and said,"Okay.". It flew to me and said, " So, my name is Phixx and I'm a kwami. BEFORE you ask what a kwami is, let me explain. Kwamis are basically your source of power to do great things!". "Great things? Like what?"

  "Well, like helping Ladybug and Chat Noir, the heroes of Paris to catch akumatized villains and stop Hawk Moth, the bad guy. He akumatizes people using their negative energy and gives them power, asking Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous in return. Miraculous are basically a jewelry that will help you transform to your alter ego!" it explained. I could tell that she doesn't want me to ask more question as she continuosly explained the things I was about to ask. "B-but, how? I'm nobody," I said. "Well, legend has it that the Phoenix miraculous can only be owned a female. It's because in the ancient times of China, there was a fairytale where a female Phoenix helped the Prince to find his true love. YOU represent the element of bonding. ".

  "The soul of the Phoenix is in you, and destiny has decided that YOU are going to bond people together in the future.". "W-what? But, I can't bond people! I think you got the wrong person," I exclaimed. I seriously do NOT want to be a hero, it could risk the life of the people I care about. I wanted to escape out of this, but I couldn't. I don't know what to do. "Of course you could! I know you can ! You'll do it without you knowing it someday,"Phixx said, encouragingly.

"Oh god, what am I getting myself into.".

END OF CHAPTER 3