Chapter 10 : The Cat's Lady

"Oh no, thank you. I'm not really that hungry," I said. " No, you eat it. I'm full," he said. "No you eat it!" I shot back. And then we spent the last minutes of lunch fighting over on who to eat the croissant. But in the end, I broke the croissant in half and gave the other half to him. "There, we're equal," I said. A few moments of silence and then.....

we bursted out laughing.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•

It has been two weeks since I first became Blaze. I've help defeated many villains, including Rogercop, Copycat and so on. I became friends with Ladybug, and Chat Noir... well...not so much. He kept glaring at me whenever I talked with Ladybug. But besides that, everything is going well.

Or so I thought.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•

"Haha! Good job, Ladybug!" I cheered when Ladybug captured the akuma. She grinned at me and said, "Hey, you did a good job too! And you're skills are getting better!". We both laughed, not realizing that a pair of green eyes was watching us.

Beep! Beep!

"Oh god, I gotta go!" Ladybug said and then went towards Chat Noir. She smiled and said, "Pound it?" while holding up her fist. "Pound it, m'lady," he said and smiled. Ladybyg just rolled her eyes, smirked and waved at me. Then, she took out her yoyo and went off.

Beep! Beep!

'Now, it's my turn to say bye-bye,' I thought. "Yo, Chat. I gotta go! See ya!" I said. I was about to fly off when he suddenly grabbed me and forced me to follow him. "Aah! Chat!" I exclaimed. We went to a hidden spot between two shops. When we stopped, he let go of my hand and leaned against a wall, staring at me. With his somehow glowing green eyes, he looked scary as ever. "You think I don't know what you're doing?" he said. "What?" I asked. "You think I'll just keep quiet until you HURT Ladybug?!" he snapped. "What are you sa-," before I could finish my sentence, he shouted, "WHATEVER YOU'RE PLANNING, IT' S NOT GONNA WORK!". I was confused. "You just want to be friends with Ladybug, so that YOU can take her miraculous! Just like Hawk Moth! I don't trust you! You could be his ally!" he shouted again.

Feeling furious, I yelled back, "NO, I DON'T! I DON'T WANT HER MIRACULOUS! I HAVE MY OWN!". He answered...

"So does Hawk Moth."

"But I'm NOT him! Don't you get it?!"

"ANYONE CAN BE JUST LIKE HIM!"

My blood started boiling, I just couldn't stand it. Without even thinking, I answered...

"Even Ladybug?"

I regret what I just said. I really did.

SLAP!

The pain in my cheek came into my sense as soon as the black clawed hand hit my cheek. My head was facing the right, my hand shaking. I wanted to cry, but I don't want to show that a single slap would make me cry. I slowly faced him back and I stared at him. His eyes went wide, but then he started wearing his normal exoression again.

Coldness.

Beep!Beep!Beep!

"I don't have time for this! Chat, I'm NOT Hawk Moth! Keep that information in mind!" I yelled. "Fine. But if you do ONE suspicious thing, and you hurt Ladybug......you're dead. I'm watching you," he said quietly, and then went off. I knew he wanted to argue more, but now even his miraculous started beeping. I watched as he jumped from roof to roof. Blood boiling, I punched the wall with all the strength I have and then, the last beep. I detransformed back to my civillian self in a matter of second after that. I couldn't believe that he didn't trust me. I couldn't believe that he said I'm an ally to Hawk Moth. I can't believe what just happened. I stared at the same spot at the wall where I punched it. My fist was numb because of that. I took a deep breath, and then I went back to the pedestrian street.

  Once I arrived at my apartment, I unlocked the door, closed it and sat on my couch. Phixx came out of my bag and said, "Well...". "Phixx, I don't know what's wrong. I don't know why Chat doesn't trust me. I mean, I know that he likes Ladybug but jeez he has to chill. It's not like I'm gonna do anything to Ladybug," I said. Phixx looked at me in the eye and said, "Cherice...you can't expect people to trust you after only a few times doing something together. Ladybug is kind, that's why she accepted you. Maybe it's just hard to Chat Noir to accept new people. Not everyone is accepting in this world,". "I know, but..why?" I asked. "Not everyone is the same, remember?" Phixx replied with a smile.

I returned her smile and said, "Phixx, you're right. Maybe he just needs more time,".

I tried to keep my mind from thinking about Chat for the rest of the day, but it just keeps popping inside my mind. I hate being labeled as someone I'm not, not to mention getting accused for something I wouldn't do. I would never hurt Ladybug, she was so sweet and kind. I understand why Chat Noir likes her, but I'm starting to get worried that he might be too overprotective of her when she didn't even needed his protection.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•

Black.
Everything was black. It was as if my eyes was blindfolded.

But it wasn't.

I saw Ladybug in front of me. I called out to her, but my voice. It didn't come out. Rooted to the spot, I tried to shout her name again. Suddenly, a hand held my shoulder and I heard breathing behind me. I also heard someone whisper right into my ear,

"It's your fault."

And when those three words were spoken, I saw Ladybug again.

Lying in a pool of blood.

END OF CHAPTER 10

(I'm sorry for the short episode and slow updates. I'll try to improve, I promise!)