PHOENIX EXTRAS (2) : How They Treat Me

"Mom?Dad?"
"Yes, sweetie?"
"Will you be home for my birthday?"

They exchanged looks with one another as they looked at my eyes that was full of hope. My father smiled at me and stroked my hair. He said, " Uh, I'm sorry, sweetie. We have to go to England at that time."

"This year's Christmas?"

They looked at each other again with sad faces. Then they slowly shook their head.

It has been almost 9 years. When was the last time we had Christmas and birthday together? When I was just 3. My hopes were crushed, as if my hopes were a clear piece of glass and then it fell and shattered into millions of pieces.

"Okay, then. Be careful driving to the airport," was all I said before I slowly left the living room, dragging my big white teddy bear behind me. I heard my parents sigh. I know they loved me, but why can't they just find some time for me? We're rich enough, we have enough money so what is not enough? What do they want? What are they looking for? Just what? It's torture just living in a big mansion withour your family. I could feel tears flooding my eyes and I just let them roll to my cheeks. I heard the car engine start and off my parents go. Only the maids are here. I locked my room and slept until a maid knocked on my door.

"Uh, Miss Revere? May I come in?"

I unlocked the door and let her in. She helped me get ready to school.

School.

Another thing I hate. I love the lessons, but I have the people there. Not the teachers of course just....my peers.

Wear the uniform.
Comb my hair and plait it into a fancy braid.
Plaster the most sweetest smile as if you're life is perfect.
As perfect as a Barbie doll's life.
And as fake as one too.

I went to school with a limo and as soon as my maids left me,they came to me.
I saw her, my old best friend. The traitor. The backstabber. As soon as I laid my eyes on her, she kicked me. I couldn't do anything. They can do everything they want with me. They rule the school.

Pull my braid.
Splash water at me.
Kick me.
Punch me.
Slap me.
Everything.

I'm sick and tired of life. I'm sick of hearing the same answer everytime I ask even for a second from my parents. l'm sick of hearing those girls laugh. I'm sick of everything.
The only thing that makes me happy is through art.Draw, paint, colours, no limits at all. My sketchbook is my only friend. My only family. My everything.

And everything is ruined when they found out a year later.
The book was tore into pieces, just like my life.
I wanted to leave, to get out of here. But I couldn't. I'm afraid to leave. I'm afraid to end my life. I'm afraid of everything. I'm a coward. My future is nothing but darkness. Barely even a glimspe of light is present.

And a year later, everything changed.
Thanks to a boy named Nathanael Kurtzberg.

A/N :Hahahahah, how was it? Is is sad enough to make ya'll cry? Haha! I hope it did! Okay lol I'm sorry. So, this is the second Phoenix Extras that tells about a little bit of Cherice's past. Btw, a remind for ya'll Cherice is 14 years old. This happened when she was 12 ( The Christmas thing) and 13 ( The Sketchbook thing). I had to cram a lot of random ways to describe how miserable her life was so yeah.
Hope ya'll like it! Now, let's see what we got for Chapter 14!

( The person you hate the most will come)
( And the person who bullied Cherice is an OC not one of the characters in MLB)