20

lucah's pov

my head shot up, terrified that it was milo. but i was not expecting who is saw. it was my dad. i hadn't seen him in almost 6 years. how did noen know who he was?

"get out," i meekly said. he inched closer. "get out," my voice grew. yet he still walked closer. "get out," i said as loud as possible. he sat down next to me and i turned my head away.

"please just listen to me, luke," he reached for my hand. i jerked it away and said, "don't. don't call me that. don't talk to me. don't stay here. leave."

"luke, i didn't want to leave you and your mom, but it was best for you. i only would've ruined things for you," he said, calmly. "i know. i don't want you here so leave," i said, my voice cold.

"please luke, i'm your father. just listen to me," he said. "no, you aren't my father. you mentally abused me and that's not what a father does. so go. leave me alone," i said, pointing at the door.

"luke-" he began. "you can't call me a nickname after you abused me and then abandoned me. that's not a right you have. get out. now," i screamed.

"fine," he sighed. as he was walking out of the room, he said, "just know that i'm sorry." and with that, he was gone.

i took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. noen came over to me and sat back down. he grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it, laying it back down. i scooted myself over, tiring myself even more. i lightly patted the bed beside me and noen came and laid beside me.

using all of my energy, i turned onto my side and put my head in his chest. i felt my eyes shut and i drifted into a deep sleep.