24

⚠️mentions of ed in this (not detailed but i still wanted to warn y'all)⚠️

noen's pov

it was saturday now, so i was just leaving to go to lucah's house at noon. i walked straight in since the door was unlocked per usual, but i heard lucah's mom yelling.

"lucah you can't do this again. it's been 2 days you have to eat something," she yelled. "i ate some frozen yogurt on thursday," lucah responded in the same tone. "was it your own?" her mom said back, more calmly this time. "it was noen's," lucah said very timidly. "so it was just a couple bites wasn't it?" her mom questioned sternly.

there was silence for a couple seconds before she spoke again, "i can't see you do this to yourself again. the cutting, the starving, the puking, i can't see you wreck yourself. it breaks my heart that my beautiful baby could do this to herself." "i know, mom, i know," lucah responded, "i'm trying i really am. it's just with milo and my father coming back those memories came back and made it so hard to bare. the only thing i have going for me at this point is noen."

i heard footsteps coming closer to me and i didn't know what to do. i was paralyzed in fear when lucah came around the corner with a tear stained face. her eyes immediately widened and she calmly said, "how much did you hear?" "uhhh," i responded, still not able to comprehend what i just heard. "then you heard enough," she said as she started crying even more, walking up the stairs.

i debated whether i should follow her or leave and go home. i chose the former and started climbing the stairs after her.

she ran into her bedroom and shut the door so i knocked lightly and said, "lucah please?" "go away noen," she said, semi-angrily. "please," i whispered. she opened her door and looked up at me.

"so now that you know i'm a freak you can leave. i know you won't want anything to do with me. i get it. it happens all the time," she said before shutting her door again.

"that's not what i was going to say," i say, opening the door slightly. i walk in the rest of the way to see lucah laying face down on her bed. i walk over and rub her back as i started speaking, "you're amazing lucah. you've been through hell and back, i get it. i know it gets hard sometimes but i don't judge you for any of it. i never want to leave you, i promise."

she rolled onto her side and whispered as a small smile grew on her face "really?" "really," i respond, leaning to kiss her on the cheek, "i would never lie to you."