Amethyst's POV

Fright.

It's not always the kind of emotion I have swirling around me.

Out of my 15 years of living, I have only faced fright that day. The day my parents were killed. The day my cousin was killed. The day my uncle and aunt was killed. Yet, I along with my little brother was the only one alive. I was the one who killed the person who killed my family.

I can never forget the face they all sent me one last time. They smiled until the end. To be in a place where it mattered in life or death, was frightful for me.

"Stay safe. Protect your brother. We love you. All of us."

Was the last thing my mother said.

"Stay strong, Amethyst. We're sorry we couldn't get to see more of your life. Protect your brother for me. For us. We love you."

Was the last thing my father said.

"I love you, little sis. Remember we're with you in your hearts. We love you, Amethyst."

Was the last thing my cousin had said. He was like a brother to me.

"My dearest niece. Be safe, be good, protect your loved ones. We love you. We're in your hearts."

Was the last thing my aunt said.

"My little pumpkin. Remember our promise. To protect everyone you love. Even at your own life. Just like we're doing for you and Slate. We love you, Amethyst Ring."

Was the last thing my uncle said before he died.

Before they died.

I instantly woke up to a child crying. I looked to my side in my bed and saw my younger brother having a nightmare. I smiled sadly before picking him up and calmed him down.

"Shh, it's alright. They're with us in our hearts. Shh, remember that they're in your heart. They love you. I love you." I said as he visibly calmed down.

He gripped onto my shirt before slowly opening his eyes. He looked at me and smiled at me before squishing my cheeks with his small hands.

I chuckled and fluttered him with kisses around his face. He squealed and squirmed around trying to get out of my hold.

"Amethyst! You up? I heard squealing and giggling." Felix asked through the door.

"Yeah! What's up?" I asked getting up and walking over to the door with Slate in my arms.

"It's school. And you know what's my brother is like." He said after I opened the door as I twitched.

"I never know what goes in that man's head." I said tutting as he chuckled.

"Really? Want to look into it?" I jumped in shock as I heard his voice.

"Nah, I'm alright, prick." I said as Felix sighed.

"Dick." He retorted back.

Felix grabbed Slate out of my arms as he walked away from us and I said to his brother, "bastard."

"Shorty."

"Giant."

"Stupid."

"Jerk."

"Dunce."

"Dipstick."

"Asshole."

"Bonehead."

"Dork."

"Get changed." We heard his mother order us as she punched our heads lightly.

We glared at each other before I closed the door and went to get changed.