Amethyst's POV

I woke up to see Slate still asleep. I got up and trudged to the door. I unlocked it then opened it.

I walked out of the room and down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen then grabbed a glass. I filled it up with water then placed it in the dishwasher.

I looked outside of the window to see a child, with their parents, playing. There was also a teenage boy chuckling at them as he joined his parents.

I smiled at the memory when I remembered my parents, Slate and I were like that.

I turned around and as I went to walk away, I crashed into a huge body. I looked up to see Ryder looking down at me.

"Sorry for being such a burden on you." I said as I walked around him and went upstairs.

Ryder's POV

"Sorry for being such a burden on you." She said as she walked around me.

"Wa-" I went to say but she was already out of the kitchen.

"What does she mean by that?" I asked myself.

"She overheard what you said, your mother and I have as well. The fight with your brother." My father answered as I looked up and my eyes widened.

"The reason why we haven't told you yet is because, she wants to tell you herself. One on one. No-one around you guys. But she can't do that yet because she can't even get through half of her story. She told us, yes, but it was only half of it. We figured out the last half and something like that for a 14 year old girl and a 3 year old boy shouldn't be going through." My mother explained.

"Do you actually hate her?" My father asked.

"No." I said.

"What do you feel towards her then?" He asked.

"I...I..." I trailed off.

"You love her? And not a brotherly way as well." My mother asked as I slowly nodded my head.

"Is that why you always start the name calling?" She asked as I nodded.

"Why's that?" They asked together.

"I...love her voice. It calms me." I answered.

"How long for?" He asked.

"Ever since Primary school." I answered.

"That's a long time. How come you haven't told her yet?" He asked.

"I want her to focus on her studies first. She'll lose focus if I tell her. She's always been good at studying. I want her to get into a good college and university. But to do that is for me to pretend to hate her. But...I've bottled all these emotions, it's impossible to hide them anymore. I want to tell her. But I always can't bring myself to do it. It's weighing me down. I...I...I don't know what to do nowadays!" I shouted the last part as they widened their eyes.

They smiled sadly before walking over to me and hugging me. I went tense in their embrace but found myself relaxing.

"Relax, son, someday, you'll be able to tell her. You'll be able to protect her. Love her. But only when the time is right. She's handling a lot right now. Give her time and tell her." My father said.

"I know she loves you too. You can see it in her eyes. When she overheard you, I saw hurt and betrayal in her eyes. Hurt you said that, betrayed because she might trusts you." My mother said.

"Thank you, mum, dad." I said as they chuckled lightly.