Amethyst's POV

"Hey girl. What you doing after school?" Luca asked me.

"Studying." I answered.

"What? Why not come to my house? It's Friday after all." She said.

"Sorry Luca. Maybe next time." I said.

"Okay." She said.

I looked up to see her looking at her book. The reason why I'm not going is because I will end up screaming in my sleep if I don't have my brother with me. We get rid of each others nightmare. And I can't get something of his to bring to her house. It doesn't work for me.

The day Ryder helped me with my fever, I hardly got any sleep at all. But I didn't show it. I was tossing and turning. And sweating for that matter. I don't want to ruin the sleepover with me screaming in my sleep.
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
As soon as school finished, I ran to the house. As I stepped into my room, I collapsed. I was sweating. I sometimes think I have random sweat issues. But maybe I'm just pushing myself and thinking too much about that day.

"Sissy. Are you okay?" Slate asked me as I climbed onto the bed where he was sleeping.

"I'm fine buddy. Go to sleep." I said as he thought about it then nodded his head.

He went back to sleep like a light. I untied my tie and took it off of me. I unbuttoned my shirt then took it off of me. I stood up and took my skirt off. I then took my tights off then put on a large shirt that ended at my thighs.

I climbed in next to Slate after putting my clothes in the hamper. I then went to sleep.
⬛⬛⬛⬛
Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Five gunshots were being made. That was all it took for me to wake up. Slate was crying in my pillow next to me. I carried him downstairs, bad idea but I didn't like the sound of leaving him alone upstairs.

But as soon as I stepped on the last steps, all I could see was blood. Lots of them.

I looked around the corner and saw my family, even my uncle, aunt and cousin, shot in the chest.

I put him down and ran over to them. They said their final things to me and took their last breath. I cried and cried.

I looked up to see a man.

"My name's Chris Levine. Remember that." He said in a rough voice.

Anger flew through me. I looked at the gun he dropped. I quickly grabbed it and loaded it. I aimed it at him and shot the last bullet in the mag at his head.

I dropped the gun when I heard Slate crying his eyes out and reached out for our family. But he wouldn't get near the blood.

I shakily stood up and walked over to him. I picked him up and we cried into each others shoulders.

I instantly screamed as I woke up and sat up. My breathing went heavy as I looked towards Slate. He somehow managed to sleep through my screaming.

Suddenly the door opened and in came the Carter family. They looked at me with worry as they came over.

"What's wrong? Was it another nightmare?" They asked me.

Mrs Carter touched my forehead and she instantly pulled back.

"Honey, get a cold towel with a bucket of cold water. She's burning up." She said.

"What? Again? She had a fever almost a month ago." Ryder said as they looked at me with even more worry.

"We may need to get you to the doctors. Yeah, that would be the best idea." Their mother said.

I didn't say anything. I was too dizzy. Suddenly, I had passed out.