Amethyst's POV

I went to my family's gravestone. As I neared it, I let go of her wrist. I then went onto my knees in front of their gravestones.

"Hey, mother, father, cousin, auntie, uncle. How have you guys been doing? I'm taking care of Slate like you've asked me to. He still misses you but he knows he has me with him. I'm doing fine. I still miss you though. It was too sudden. Anyway, I have a boyfriend. Remember the guy I told you about when I was in primary school. It was that guy. We're happily in love. I love you guys. I wish you guys were still here but everyone must have a misfortune in their lives. Whether it's sudden or not. Love you. I'll come back as soon as I can." I said to them as I stood up.

I turned around and saw the woman, her daughter, the doctor and Ryder standing there.

"Do you believe me now? I've lost five people last year on my birthday. Yes you've lost someone but does that compare to how many I've lost. Not only that but my older brother died in the army. So that makes six." I said.

"I-i'm sorry. I shouldn't have forced you." She said as I shook my head.

"It's fine. The advice Ryder gave me was great. I was empty before we got together. But he filled that emptiness with his happiness. He shared it with me. Now, I know they're forever in my heart. Thank you, Ryder, for helping me realise that." I said as I pecked his lips.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you, for being the best girlfriend I could ever ask for." He said as I smiled.

"You should know, that even if your brother, husband, father is dead. They're always in your heart. You have their memories. And most of all, you have each other." I said as I smiled one last time at them before walking away with Ryder, hand in hand, out of the cemetery.

"You were brave out there. I'm happy for you." He said as he brought our hands up to his lips and he kissed the back of my hand.

"Thank you, I couldn't have done it without you though." I said as he smiled and we walked back to his house since his mother's car broke down and she had to borrow a car to get to work.