Epilogue

Five years later

Amethyst's POV

"Mummy, daddy!" Our daughter shouted as we came to pick her up from school.

"Hey, pumpkin. How was school?" Ryder asked her as she picked her up.

"It was great, I have another friend. I helped him as well." She said.

"Really? Who's this boy you're talking about?" I asked her.

She looked around until she pointed somewhere. We looked behind us and we saw a little boy. He had bruises all over his face as well as cuts.

"Why do you have to be so useless?! You fat prick! Can't you do something for once instead of sitting on your lazy ass?!" The woman shouted at him as our eyes widened.

We were the only ones here since she wanted to stay behind for a club.

"Mummy. Why is she shouting at him?" Jackie, our daughter, asked.

"Useless! Fattie! Moron! I hate you! You're not my son!" She then went to hit him but I held her back.

"You do not, ever hit your child. Whatever he has done, you still not hit your child. I don't care what you say, that boy has been through a lot. I may not know why you're doing this but if this is about a loss one then you're doing the wrong thing. What would they say when they see you?" I asked her.

"I don't fucking care! He should deserve this! I want him dead! Dead I tell you! It's easy abusing him!" She shouted as she spat in my face.

"How long has this been going for?" I asked.

"Since he was born." My eyes widened.

"Ryder, call the police and keep her hands locked so I can take care of the kid." I told him.

He put Jackie down as she instantly went to her friend's side. Ryder called the police then held her hands together.

"Are you okay? Don't worry, she won't bother you anymore." I said.

He looked up and started crying. He attacked me in a hug and cried into my shirt. I smiled sadly as Jackie came over to my side and hugged me as well.

Soon enough, the police came and we gave them our witness statement. Then they took her away.

"We would need to go to court with this so if you guys would kindly find a lawyer for him, that'll be much appreciated." They said.

"I've already got that sorted." Ryder said as I picked up the kids.

"Okay, court will be next week at noon. Thank you for reporting her to us." They said before walking away.

"You thinking of being his lawyer?" I asked him as he nodded his head.

"Besides, he reminds me of you. Except that you were older and your parents didn't abuse you." I smiled sadly. "You still amaze me with your skills."

He pecked my lips as he took Jackie away so he was holding her.

"What's your name, buddy?" I asked him.

"J-jason. Will you be like my mummy?" He asked me.

"No, I won't be like your mummy. Your mummy was a bad woman. You didn't deserve that at all. We'll take care of you." I said.

He smiled and snuggled into me. After that, we walked to Ryder's new car, and he drove us to our house. It was old from the last one because now, he's a famous lawyer. And I'm famous for my designs. Even having a busy schedule, we still managed to find time for our daughter. Now we can find time for Jason as well.
⬛⚫⬛⚫⬛⚫⬛⚫⬛⚫⬛⚫
The time came when we had to go to court. Jason was shaking with fear. I don't think he's been good with older people but he's warmed up to Ryder and I.