Ryder's POV

I gripped the bedsheets as tears dropped from my eyes to my hand. Why? Why do I have to be so stupid?

"Bye, Ryder." She said as I looked behind my shoulder to see her running out of here.

I slammed my hand down on the bed as I screamed. Screamed for being so stupid.

Why did I say that? I gave her a lie. I want her right now, knowing she liked me back. Yet, I rejected. I've waited since primary for this moment and I screwed it up.

"Bro, what's wrong? Amethyst ran out of the building. Father and mother ran after her and told me to stay here with you." Felix said.

"I'm so stupid. I've waited since Primary to tell my feelings to her yet when I heard she liked me back, I rejected her. She's going to hate me now." I said as I gripped the bedsheets even harder.

"What did she say?" He asked.

"She didn't want me to be her family but her lover. I told her that I'm sorry and couldn't return the same feelings. But I can!" I shouted the last part.

"Get her to forgive you. Do everything in your power. You love her right?" He asked as he played with Slates arms.

"Of course I do." I said.

"Then get her." He said.

I got off the bed and walked out. But stopped when I saw her on a gurney with blood around her.

"Quick! She's losing a lot of blood!" One of the doctors shouted as they took her into surgery.

My knees buckled underneath me. I was now on my hands and knees as tears dropped down my face. My eyes widened in fear.

"No!" I screamed. "Come back to me!"

I got pulled into the room. I heard the door shut and arms wrapping around me.

"Calm down son. She's alright. I know she is. We know she is. Shh, it's alright." I heard my mother say.

"I messed up. She might not wake up because of me." I felt her give me a karate chop on the back of my neck.

"Don't say that. She's going to wake up. You have to believe she is." She said.

"If only I had said that I like her as well instead of being my stupid self. Maybe I am a galah like she said." I forced a chuckle at the memory.

"What's that?" My father asked.

"It's an insulating word for a person who thinks they're silly or stupid. The person who's thinking is Amethyst. And I'm that silly and stupid person she's talking about." I smiled sadly.

"Amethyst," I whispered, "please live. I want to make things right. You can call me any words just please wake up."