Earrings (pt.1)

Taehyung was on to his third pair of earrings. Chanel to be precise. The first were lost after a day at the pool, the second mysteriously vanished.

You were in his and Jimin's room - gaping at the little earrings.

"I mean..." You quickly checked nobody was in the room. "He wouldn't notice..." You reassured yourself and sat down at his desk.

Quickly, you slid out the acute black pearls you were wearing - replacing them with Taehyung's chanel.

Smiling, you grabbed your earrings and took your leave; careful to leave no trace of your existence.

~~~

After many complements on your earrings, the party had ended.

You found the car and greeted Seokjin and Jimin, making sure your hair covered your ears.

Once you arrived home, you quickly made it up the stairs to yours and Jungkook's room. You took a breather and smiled to yourself.

After unlocking the door and checking for any siblings roaming the halls at 10pm. You tiptoed across from your room, over to the bathroom.

Giggling at your own secrecy, you locked yourself in the bathroom and walked over to the mirror above the sink.

The left earring slipped out like a charm, but as you held the left one, you continuously tugged on the right one. You sighed and began to get frustrated.

What if it didn't come out?

Who would you tell? Definitely not Taehyung.

Would he be mad?

*FLICK*

"Shoot-" Your slammed your hand over your mouth in fear as you watched both earrings slowly tumble down the plughole.

You blankly stood there, glaring at the little circle of black mass. Until your brain managed to comprehend what had happened.

"No, no, no, no, no!" You whined, leaning over the sink and peering into the hole. "Agh no~!"

"Dongsaeng? Are you okay?"" You heard Hoseok's voice drift into the room from under the door.

"Y-yeah." You mumbled. "Yeah I'm fine Hobi-ssi."

But you were not fine. Not only would Taehyung hate you, but he would probably never speak to you again. You had completely ruined any form of relationship you'd had with him before. And the only way you'd be able to afford new chanel would be through one of your brothers, but they couldn't know. Because you were there when he got them. When his grandmother bought him them.

You stifled a whine, slowly looking up into the mirror and composing yourself.

After taking a deep breath, you unlocked the door and bolted to your room; shutting the door harshly.

You flopped down onto your bed face-first and silently screamed into the pillow. You could keep it a secret, right?

For the meantime you took a warm shower and slipped into some fluffy, oversized pyjamas to try and relax a little.

"Have you seen Tae's earrings, sis?" Jimin asked you as he plopped down on the couch next to you.

"N-no." Your voice cracked.

Jimin eyed you slightly - his blonde-brown hair just been straightened after a long day.

"Alrighty then. Keep an eye out!" He requested and leaned against your shoulder with his cheek whilst scrolling through his shared Twitter. Few.

Soon Hoseok was next to you too and Jungkook and Seokjin were on the other sofa.

"Yah Y/N-ah, what's wrong?" Jin called out from the other side of the room and leaned forward slightly, intensely staring at you.

"Nothing." You snapped instantly. "I'm fine."

"Hmm." He resumed his position, returning to leaning over Jungkook's shoulder.

Hoseok frowned and nudged you. When you turned to him he smiled brightly, making you smile back. But it didn't keep you happy.

His arms snaked around you and he flopped his weight over you from the side.

You fell into Jimin, who tried to shake you off, and eventually pushing Hoseok back.

"Has anyone seen my earrings?"

You bolted straight up and whipped out your phone, scrolling through the first app you clicked on - YouTube.

Casual. You thought. Just be casual.

But the way you had just yanked your phone out at Taehyung's question brought some unwanted attention you.

Everyone's eyes on you made you grow to the colour of a ripened tomato.

"...Nobody?" Taehyung pressed, annoyance laced in his voice.

Hoseok shook his head, and Jungkook shrugged.

Then you burst out in tears.

"It, it, it was m-me!" You crossed your legs and sobbed into your lap.

Hoseok immediately began patting your back and Jimin attempted to sit you back up, with no success.

"What was her?" Jungkook's head snapped up from his phone and he scanned the room with his wide doe eyes.

You looked up at Jungkook. "I wore them to the party a-a-and when I took them o-o-out and they fell down the... t-the sink..."

Your eyes slowly switched to Taehyung's figure stood in the centre of the room.

As soon as his wide eyes met yours, you looked back down. You heard him mutter something before turning away and walking out of the room.

"Tae-- please I'm sorry...!" You stood up and ran a few steps before the living room door slammed in your face.

Your fists gently rested on the door as you placed your forehead on the door.

Hoseok gently brought your sobbing frame away from the door and sat you back on the couch. Seokjin left to go and talk to Taehyung presumably, Jungkook also left soon after.

You became a sniffling mess as you buried your head in Hoseok's side.

"It's okay dongsaeng," He soothed. "I'm sure it was just a little misunderstanding."

"But I took them on purpose..." You countered. "Do you think Taehyung will still love me?"

"Of course!" Hoseok almost shouted. "You didn't mean to lose them, no?"

"No..." You whispered.

"I'm sure he'll forgive you if you tell him how sorry you are." He smiled.

"Ok."