xiv

don't make me laugh,❞ chenle sang as he walked around his room. today was the dance. and it was only 1 hour away. it may seem like a while, but in reality it wasn't. anyways, jaemin was over at chenle's house to get ready as both of their dates were coming together.

and of course, you probably know who jaemin is going with it. don't answer just yet, keep it in for a while.

chenle was very nervous. there was a 100% chance kangmin would be there, and he would spot jisung in a second. of course it was plain and simple to flirt in front of everyone, but this was different. they had to act like a serious, real couple in front of kangmin.

real. that was something that chenle and jisung definitely didn't understood.

they weren't real.

none of it was.

the boy was so afraid as many many eyes—basically, the entire school will be watching jisung and him the whole time. they can't mess up. just as chenle was going to go deeper in his thoughts, jaemin came into the room.

❝jesus fucking christ chenle, i has such a hard time finding the bathroom. anyways, what do you think?❞ chenle gasped as he saw jaemin's hair. in the front, there was a blue streak. it looked nice. ❝you dyed it!❞ chenle exclaimed.

the elder nodded. he played with the blue dyed hair. ❝yeah, i really like it.❞ jaemin smiled. jaemin looked amazing, he looked so happy. super excited.

soon, dance the night away came on and this resulted in both chenle and jaemin singing their hearts out as they finished up their little touches.

let's dance the night away!!❞ both boys sang at the top of their lungs. ❝ZHONG CHENLE AND NA JAEMIN!!! HURRY THE FUCK UP!❞ a voice shouted. it was jisung.

chenle immediately paused the music and peeled downstairs to see jisung standing by the door. he bolted up stairs. ❝hyung! they're here!❞ jaemin widened his eyes and rushed down the stairs with the younger.

following this, jaemin and chenle were rushing so fast, chenle slipped on the staircase and fell, bringing jaemin along with him.

the orange-haired male giggled nervously as he stood in front of jisung.

❝you look... amazing.❞ jisung was truly blown away from how beautiful and attractive chenle looked.

he would love to see this chenle every once in a while.

chenle blushed. the taller held his hands and kissed them.

there was a figure standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

was that his maid?

it looked like a female.

was his mother home? of course not.

that's when chenle realized, it was yuqi.

❝jisung? are we driving yuqi to the dance—❞

chenle was cut off by jaemin seeing yuqi and hugging her. ❝you look so pretty, qiqi!❞ the elder said as he hugged the female. the chinese girl laughed softly.

chenle was shocked. he thought renjun and jeno were jaemin's dates to the dance. he could of never been so wrong in his life. he figured they would go as friends, nothing more.

chenle pulled jaemin aside. ❝jaemin hyung... you're going with yuqi noona?❞ the korean didn't answer. how could tell chenle the reason why he didn't ask nor go with renjun and jeno?

it was simple.

renjun and jeno are a couple. they were in love with each other. they were so much happier without him them.