xv

jisung panicked. kangmin was there. kangmin touched him. the worst part about it was the fact that jisung let kangmin touch him. he thought he was whispering sweet nothings into jisung's ear, but, they were all lies that he knew too well. to make everything worse, chenle has been ignoring jisung all day. even in second period, chenle wouldn't even look at him.

this made the maknae wonder if something happened at the dance. sure, he knew chenle for about 3 months now, but, chenle was never like this. he was quiet. too quiet for everyone's comfort. the chenle everyone used to know wasn't there anymore.

jisung took this as chenle being tired from the dance. that's when jisung realized after running away from kangmin, jaemin and chenle were no where to be found.

why was chenle ignoring him?

did jisung do something?

if you're wondering why, hang on for a while.

now, jisung was thinking about how he could chenle to stop ignoring him. should he kiss chenle in front of the whole school? should he do something so fucking stupid just to get chenle's attention?

was he going to do that? he didn't know.

jisung just wanted to find out why chenle was quiet. he looked sad.

after period 8, jisung waited for the elder at his locker. he was so concerned. he just wanted chenle to be loud again.

he missed loud chenle.

before giving up, jisung saw chenle. chenle saw jisung and his stomach dropped.

❝chenle! why haven't you been talking to me?❞ the younger asked. chenle didn't answer. he didn't want to. he didn't want to see jisung, not after last night.

❝i'm just... busy.❞ the brown haired boy said. he was swallowing all the anger and sadness down. he couldn't breakdown here. ❝are you okay? you're—❞ ❝why does it matter to you? can't i just be quiet for one fucking day?❞ jisung was taken back by chenle's tone. it was so rude and bitter.

jisung gulped. ❝no, i'm just worried about you.❞

the shorter slammed his locker as he stared at jisung. chenle turned and started to walk away. renjun came up to chenle, saying something to him in mandarin.

i'm sorry! i can't hang out anymore. my aunt and cousin just came unannounced.❞ chenle shrugged it off. it looked like he was being bitter to everyone.

renjun looked dumbfounded as chenle just walked pass him without saying anything. luckily, jaemin came. renjun ran to jaemin, in which jaemin felt his heart race. ❝nana! i'm sorry to ask you this but you're closer to chenle than i am. can you check up on him?❞ jaemin nodded.

❝yeah. wait why?❞ ❝excuse me for saying this but... he's being really bitchy.❞ renjun held jaemin's hand and looked into his eyes. ❝why... why couldn't jeno and i find you at the dance?❞

those words sent the feeling of guilt through jaemin's body.

this wasn't the time and place to say ❛i left because i like you and your boyfriend and i know you guys don't like me like that and i felt useless so i left❜.

jaemin could never say that.

the dark haired boy let go of him.

jaemin turned away and ran off to find chenle.

god damn it, jaemin. we just want a answer.

❝he's being like that to you too.❞ jisung finally said. renjun walked towards jisung. from what he seen, jisung pissed chenle off. ❝what did you do?❞ the older stared into jisung's eyes.

the maknae bit his lip. ❝i don't know. i just came to ask him what's wrong with him and he snapped at me.❞

renjun started to think about how jaemin was acting earlier. now it was chenle.

❝what the fuck is going on?❞

☎️

❝i'm not going to say it again! let me in!!❞ jaemin screamed at the top of his lungs. chenle wasn't opening the door. jaemin has been on the doorstep for about an hour.

finally, chenle opened the door. as jaemin opened his mouth, he saw that chenle was crying. well, at least trying to not cry. ❝chenle, what's wron—❞

the chinese let out loud sobs as he stood in front of jaemin. fearing that someone might hear, jaemin took himself and chenle into the house. he has never seen chenle like this.

never ever.

he's barely seen chenle sad, let alone cry his heart out.

the younger leaned into jaemin's chest as he sobbed and sobbed. his heart hurt so bad.

jaemin sat there, comforting chenle. his heart ached to see his best friend like this.

jisung really did a fucking number on him.

❝i-i like him too much, it hurts so bad! i thought maybe i would get a chance but he's back onto kangmin—if i'm in love, why is my heart hurting?❞

jaemin couldn't answer that. he was in pain too. renjun asked him why he left. he knew that soon, jeno would be pressing him too. but a lot more than renjun.

the chinese sat up and wiped his tears. ❝was i just a play date to him?❞

the older hugged the other.

❝i don't know, chenle. i don't know anything anymore.❞

❝we're both in hell right now. i'm sorry that i can't answer your questions, if i had all the answers, i would give you them. i'm so sorry. i know you want to go away. i know you want to run away so bad. i'm so sorry, chenle.❞ jaemin buried his head in chenle's hair.

now, both jaemin and chenle were crying.

it was too overwhelming, they wanted to run, to leave.

and never come back.

two boys who were heartbroken, now only to comfort each other.

falling for park jisung was chenle's biggest mistake. and falling for lee jeno and huang renjun was jaemin's biggest mistake.

if only they could turn back time.

if only these mistakes didn't hurt so much.

if only chenle could leave.

if only he could run away.

if only jisung loved him back.

if only... if only, if only, if only.

if only, zhong chenle can leave park jisung behind.

[🐰]
hi ! i'm so sorry that this took so long ! i'll be updating tomorrow or on sunday !

_tbc_