xviii

it had been a couple days since renjun and jeno confessed to jaemin. ever since then, jaemin felt as if he was in heaven. i mean, he could finally baby jeno and renjun as much as he wanted. he could finally smother both boys in kisses and cuddles.

fuck it—jaemin was so fucking whipped for jeno and renjun.

but of course, the new couple has not forgotten about jisung and chenle.

after monday, chenle hasn't talked to jaemin at all. maybe he found out that jaemin didn't tell him about his new relationship with renjun and jeno. but chenle didn't care about that.

today, chenle wasn't at school at all. jaemin has been spamming him for the last 9 hours, but there was no reply or answers to his calls.

since renjun had a free period while (sadly) both jaemin and jeno were stuck in english class, on behalf of jaemin, he went to check in chenle.

renjun couldn't lie; he was worried about chenle since the fight. jisung and him were always together. you never saw those two apart.

and so, the chinese boy made his way to chenle's house. it took a while to get there, but, now he was finally here.

renjun saw that the door was opened. peeking inside, it looked like someone wrecked the place. renjun felt a lump in his throat. ❝chenle! are you here?chenle, it's me, renjun gē. zhong chenle!!❞ he shouted.

there was no answer.

the male quickly ran to the kitchen to grab a knife. it looked like someone broke in. holding the sharp knife shakily, he made his way towards the dining area.

looking on the table, there were scattered papers. there was something that caught renjun's eyes.

the paper read ❛2019/10/10: china airlines, 04:40 pm.

renjun's heart dropped.

china airlines.

renjun ran upstairs and quickly opened the door to chenle's room. his room was a mess too. the only thing that remained was empty drawers, a mess bed, broken mirrors and a broken lamp.

after seeing this, renjun searched the entire house. there was no sign of chenle or anyone for that matter. panicking, the black haired boy called jaemin.

injun—❞ ❝he's gone!❞ tears started pouring out of his eyes. ❝what? baby, calm down.

renjun was hyperventilating.

❝h-he left. h-he's not here a-and i saw a copy of his plane ticket—he's leaving to go back to c-china—❞ on the other side of the phone, it sounded as if someone was yelling at jaemin. a few seconds after, jaemin answered. ❝you're on speaker,

the elder was shaking. was chenle planning to leave this whole time? he just left, like that? without saying goodbye? ❝nana, i-i don't know what to do! the plane is leaving in 20 minutes! we won't have time to get to the airport!❞ ❝junnie, sweetheart, wait until we get there, okay? jaemin and i are on our way.

could this get any worse?

_tbc_