xx

i-is he going to be okay?

yes. he should be able to walk in a about a month or so. i recommend that you let him stay for a couple of days.

can we see him?

of course. he should be awake by now.

chenle heard the door slide open and multiple footsteps that sounded as if they were moving towards him. everything sounded muffled. his head hurt like hell, his lips felt bruised.

finally opening his eyes, chenle saw 3 figures sitting next to him. he couldn't make out who the people were. that is, until he heard 3 familiar voices.

chenle felt a pair of arms around him. ❝what's wrong with you?! you can't just go and leave without saying anything! i was so worried about you!❞ the voice spoke in mandarin.

suddenly, he bursted into tears. he was sobbing like a little kid. it hurt so much, everything hurts. the events that led up to him being in the hospital kept replaying in his head. ❝i'm sorry! i-i wanted everything to go away. i got so scared—i'm sorry!!❞ chenle sobbed out. at this time, he finally saw who was in the room.

jeno put his hand over chenle's shoulder and hugged him.

renjun, who was still attached to chenle. was crying quietly as he buried his head on the younger's shoulder. jaemin crouched beside his side. ❝we don't want you to leave, chenle. your our friend. i'm sorry that i wasn't pay attention to you.❞

he believed that. he knew that no one wanted him to leave, he knew that the group still liked him even as him and jisung fought. he wanted himself to leave. he wanted to escape the hell he created.

now, at the worst time, his mind went to where's jisung? he shouldn't even be thinking about him let alone caring about him. he didn't care about jisung.

and jisung didn't care about chenle.

that was just the way things were.

the four boys sat in the hospital room, not saying another word.

jeno kept reassuring chenle that it was going to okay. ❝you didn't know that this would happen, don't blame yourself.❞ he said.

both jaemin and jeno were asking chenle about what happened and how he felt. the whole time, renjun was silent. not a single word came out of his mouth.

his boyfriends didn't take anything of it as his best friend just got hit by a car on his way to leave korea forever.

renjun was so angry. he was mad at himself and at jisung. he should of looked out for chenle, but instead he was too busy fucking around with his emotions. he was a dumbass for being focused on jaemin that he didn't think that chenle would run away.

he fucked up. he told himself it was his fault. the elder wanted to cry so bad for putting chenle in this. he should of been able to figure out what chenle was planning, but he didn't.

renjun walked out of the room, feeling nervous as he felt jaemin and jeno staring at him. he started to walk towards the bathroom until someone called his name.

❝hyung!❞ it was jisung. he ran towards renjun and panted. renjun felt his blood boil. ❝is chenle okay? i hear—❞ ❝you have the fucking audacity to come here and act like you care? you haven't been around for days and now you're coming back?❞ the chinese spat.

the maknae was taken back by his tone. renjun was never known to act like this.

jisung was so confused. ❝why wouldn't i come? i care a—❞