xvii

it was so quiet after that day. the day that jisung and chenle fought. no one was smiling or laughing anymore. the atmosphere was so sad, people who didn't even know about jisung and chenle could feel sadness float around the school.

the friend group was spilt. instead of all of the boys together, it was only the five that hung out together. but it's not like they did much talking at all.

and it was just chenle and jaemin. both boys were very quiet. they were never seen around school, some thought they were skipping.

but they weren't.

they won't ever going into the cafeteria. they appeared to not be eating. but that wasn't the case. jaemin would take chenle off campus to get food.

they were like little field trips everyday.

despite jisung and chenle completely ignoring each other, renjun and jeno were coming to talk to jaemin everyday. the day before the two younger boys fought, that was the last day jaemin has spoken to the couple.

as much as he didn't want to show it, he cared about chenle more than his own feelings.

he suppressed it so much, he forgot he's head over heels for the two.

jaemin didn't want anyone to see him with renjun and jeno. especially chenle. he would suspect something was going on.

well, something is going on, but nothing between the three boys.

it was a miracle that taeyong still hasn't found out. well, maybe that's because this was the first time anything like this has happened.

the first time that chenle was so attracted to a customer.

and yes, you may find it weird how mark, being a part of 1-800-DATEME wasn't with chenle and jaemin. it was simple: he couldn't blow his cover. but, he was actually in love with donghyuck.

today was like any other day, quiet. and chenle had his daily crying session in the locker rooms after gym class. jaemin and chenle has their little field trips, now it was time for jaemin to meet up with renjun and jeno.

to be honest, jaemin felt emptier every time they talk. what was the point? even if he couldn't leave, who said he couldn't stop talking to them? he had other friends. other friends that he didn't have crushes on.

other friends that... had girlfriends and boyfriends.

now, don't get the idea that jaemin is dying for a relationship so he can stop feeling left out. he understood how they couldn't always hang out. they were with people that they loved.

people that loved his friends back.

that's something he'll never get from what he's chasing after.

he's chasing after two people who he'll never have. two people who are in love with each other, not him.

it was... fine.

the boy understood why that was the case. jeno had things he didn't have. and renjun was the same.

the male was waiting at the usual spot. soon enough, he started to hate this part of the school. because it's where he would have to keep on lying and lying straight to their faces.

but of course, they'll find out.

every lie was covered with another lie. it was layers and layers of lies. jaemin never liked to lie. maybe this time, his new job will be to lie to renjun and jeno every single day.

everything around him was muted. he muted everything out. he even blocked his own family out. he didn't want to hear anything.

❝NA JAEMIN!!❞ a voice screeched.