xxiv

chenle!!❞ a woman screamed. chenle blinked. he saw his mom and dad running towards him. he felt his eyes water. he was so shocked, he couldn't move. ❝my baby! oh my god-- chenle– w...what were you thinking?! why did you buy a ticket to go back to china?!❞ his mom yelled. tears were streaming down her face.

his mom and dad fell to their knees. and chenle fell right with them.

his parents pulled him into a tight hug. his mom and dad were crying their eyes out. all he could hear was their sobs. ❝mom, dad...! i'm so sorry! i just... i--i couldn't deal with the guilt and the pain! i wanted to leave so bad!❞ chenle rubbed his eyes. he was crying too.

should he really tell him mom the truth?

about 1-800-DATEME? about jisung? about his friends?

about how happy he is with jisung?

but... it's so risky. it would be worse if they found out.

what would taeyong say after. what would they say about taeyong and mark?

chenle didn't know what to do. so instead, he just went limp and cried in his parents' arms.

his dad wiped his tears away. ❝what pain? chenle, what's going on? you've been so distant with us lately.❞ chenle didn't know what to say. he knew that his parents didn't know that he was so lonely. i mean, they didn't say anything when he went out a lot. mostly for 1-800-DATEME.

he gripped his hand on his mom's blazer.

mom, dad. how can i tell you? you'll be so disappointed in me. you'll think i'm disgusting. i... i like a guy. i should like a girl but i don't. i'm so sorry.

mom... dad... i don't think i should tell you. it's better if you don't know.❞ the boy looked away.

but, what did chenle expect to happen with his parents?

they were away for a family emergency in england. they would have reported him missing. then what? would his family in china call his parents? they would get the wrong idea as the house looked as if it was robbed.

that's when chenle remembered he left the house a mess.

his mom pulled away and looked her son in the eye. ❝where were you?

chenle gulped.

at the hospital. i... got hit by a car.

his mom gasped and put a hand over her mouth. his dad placed his hands on chenle's shoulders. ❝what--

just then his phone ringed.

he picked his phone up and answered.

we need to talk, zhong.

it was taeyong.

❝hyung i--❞

the chinese felt as if someone was staring through his soul. as he turned around, he saw a figure holding a phone.

he dropped his phone as he saw who it was.

it was taeyong.

standing right behind him.

chenle felt a shock go through his entire body.

❝no long time, no see, chenle.❞

☎️

chenle's mother looked up at taeyong. ❝chenle, who is this?