Rivalry

Edit: Offensive Joke Warning: Okay, so a while ago in this chapter, I wrote this offensive Muslim Joke, which looking back... yeah, kind of yikes, tbh. I don't think I should delete that part, though, since it would be like acting like it didn't happen, but since I know some of you don't want to see that, I feel like I should at least give you a heads-up if you are uncomfortable with that kind of humor.

The next day U. A already gave the official news about All Might teaching at the most prestigious school of superheroes, which made the press go nuts.

As you arrived at U.A., reporters were at the main entrance making your questions(about All Might) and blocking the path.

Reporter: Tell us! How does it feel to be a part of All Might's class!?

Reporters #2: Has the symbol of peace taught you any secret moves!?

Y/n: I would love to answer all your questions, but I really need to go to class.

You squeeze yourself out of the crowd struggling to get some fresh air.

You look around, and you spot Midoriya in the crowd, also trying to avoid the press.

Izuku: I-I'm really sorry!

You tap his shoulder from the back, which makes him flinch. He turns around and sighs in relief.

Y/n: calm down, man one of these days, you'll die from a heart attack before your quirk does.

Izuku: S-sorry, you took me by surprise.

You both head to class and start chatting.

Y/n: I see your arm is okay now.

Izuku: Yeah, thanks to Recovery Girl.

Y/n: maybe when you get the hang of it, we could have a little duel sometime?

Midoriya: U-uh!??

Y/n: hahaha, I'm just kidding.

He sighed in relief.

Y/n: your quirk is really dangerous, you should come up with something else than just using your fingers to reduce the damage.

Izuku: I know, All Might is trying to help with th- I MEAN! YEAHTHANKSFORTHE
ADVICE!

He started talking so fast that I couldn't make out what he was saying.

Y/n: are sure you are alright? Did you say something about All Might!?

Izuku: UH! No, you must be hearing things!!

Y/n: don't try to hide things from me, Midoriya.

I stop in my tracks, and he looks really pale.

Y/n: you are a fanboy of All Might too!!

Izuku:....."Too"?

He blinks twice.

Y/n: yeah! I have been a big fan of All Might since I was a kid. I will always sit down with my parents and watch the news of his amazing doings as a hero.

Your enthusiasm goes to your head and started remembering your childhood.

Y/n: Like the time when he stopped The Scarlet Bull of robbing a bank! Or when he prevented a train accident and a terrorist attack and paid his taxes at the same time!

Izuku: Or the vinegar suicide incident!

(Author: this is something that only manga readers will understand but is not something so important so just roll with it)
You looked at him in shock.

Y/n: You know about that too!?

Izuku: Yeah! When a middle school student that had a quirk that could alter liquid substances almost drowned in a river!