Chapter 4: Eye For An Eye

A/N: I'm gonna explain sumn for those who never played Saints Row. This fic isn't like the real world necessarily with all the cops and shit or FBI or whatever. Like I'm not tryna bring too much law and enforcement into this if you get what I'm tryna say. It's an AU and the cops act like Ultor and are corrupt but there will undercover cops like bitchass Troy (from 3rd Street Saints) posing as a loyal gang member to take out LC and EC. 👀 Plus, Miami is basically Stilwater without the name or map.

Los Carnales hideout (using the visual from the game too):

***

Jhene was one of the many Los Carnales members to grow up in the poorest parts of Liberty City, Miami. And when there is poverty, there is hungry people. When there's hungry people, there is robbery in every corner. When there is robbery, there is imprisonment or death waiting around the corner. Jhene grew up watching crimes of many kinds go down on her or her friend's block and learned to look the other way and keep her mouth shut. Not one person she knew in Liberty City didn't have trauma, and not one person wasn't used to the gun shots going off to signify the end of yet another life. The moment she heard a gun go off, she would ponder if those were just fireworks or bullets spraying—most of the time it was the latter—but always carried on as if nothing unusual was happening. Crime was the usual...yet nobody really cared. You eventually grow accustomed to it; it sticks with you like skin.

Just like Ariel, she was Asian—but only half, she liked to call herself 'Blasian', the other half being black. Everyone just assumed they'd stick together because of their ethnic background, but truth be told: Ariel was Korean, Jhene was Japanese, and she didn't like Ariel much at all; not because of where he came from but because of the type of person he was. Despite being part of a gang and committing different crimes on a daily basis, Jhene only did it when necessary and would keep the people in Los Carnales safe and out of harms way because she cared about the communities affected by the violence. She was in the gang for protection and family—like majority of fellow members—and to have a little bit of control when she wanted the Carnales to back off the people and do right by them. Ariel did not give one fuck; he would get into it anytime anywhere and couldn't care less about the lives around him or helping out his hood. She hated what he was about and he never paid any mind to her.

So when Jhene went into the room and saw that Ariel was picking on Shawn and threatening to blow his brains out, she shoved him away from the tall boy on the bed and grabbed him to come with her.

"Chris and the rest of us are escaping through the back, we have to move now," Jhene told Ariel and Emiliano.

Ariel scowled, "Why are we bringing him? He's worthless!"

"Maybe not. He can be our brand new toy to play with when we're bored," Emiliano winked at Shawn who visibly cringed.

"Shawn isn't a part of any gang, he shouldn't have to die because of our war with Estrabao Cartel," Jhene stated.