Chapter 10: Stir The Fucking Pot

A/N: Candy will keep evolving and so will her relationship with Lauren. Patience, loves. You know how I do at the beginning of my books.

TW: Mention of overdose and parental drug usage

Ghost visual:

***

June 8th, 2006
Thursday, 2:00pm - Miami, Florida

"I don't know if I'm ever gonna leave Los Carnales. And just to protect you, I'd rather not tell you why. Just know...it's my life. It's what I got. It's necessary even if you won't understand why."

"But if you had the chance...if it meant being with me...you'd do it?"

"That's like me asking you if you'd leave your Church if it meant being with me. I'd never ask that of you because I know the Church is your life, too. It's who you are. Just like Los Carnales is who I am."

"I don't want to be involved in your lifestyle, Lauren. Is that okay with you? Because I know you'd rather me be a part of it like Aleesia is, but-"

"If you don't want to be, that's fine. You don't have to know my business, you don't have to stick around during a gun fight, and you don't need to handle anything Los Carnales is supposed to be handling. But know this, mami, and listen very carefully. You listening? You need to accept me for who I am. Being with me means you're at least affiliated with Los Carnales. I'm the boss of a gang, which means I'm going to do everything that's expected of a boss, and you might not agree with a lot of it. You don't get to control that aspect, okay? You have no say in what I do in or with my gang since you don't want anything to do with that life. Me entiendes?"

"I understand. Since you can't leave Aleesia for me yet...at least don't do anything with her. She gets to be your girlfriend but only in public for business so she won't get killed. Deal?"

"Deal. Can we kiss on it?"

"No. But you're cute for trying."

"Really? Not one kiss for me, Candy?"

"Maybe just one..."

"Or two..."

-

"Lauren, that's enough," Camila kept her hands on Lauren's chest as a barrier, pushing her away to keep their lips apart. They were in Lauren's car at the parking lot in front of a Carnales owned clothing store, sitting there with a bunch of empty cars parked next to them. Camila was still in her school uniform and was running on curfew. She couldn't spend time with Lauren for too long, as she had to get back home to Luca. Lauren kept trying to steal more kisses from her and Camila kept giving in after each 'no'. "No more..."

"One more," Lauren took off her seatbelt and leaned over, cupping Camila's face, locking their lips together. She took the lead and guided Camila's lips to move at her own pace, keeping Camila's head in place to assure that she wouldn't pull away.