Chapter 37: Do Me A Solid (part 2)

10:56pm - Super Wheels, West Kendall

"You remember when we were both sixteen and we had to take the bus then walk home from school, and there was always this girl with us going in the same direction? I think her name was Samantha or Sandra—"

"Sarah."

"Right, Sarah. Pretty little brunette who looked just like Pocahontas. I remember always calling her 'Pocah' and you stayed with the name 'nena' because you really liked her. But so did I, and you knew it. You'd get so mad and argue with me whenever I swooped in and walked her home or anytime she seemed like she was so into me. I saw how much it bothered you when she'd blush at my nickname for her instead of yours or if I even put my arm around the chick. But because I cared about your feelings and our friendship more, I backed off and never spoke to her again. You were always so sensitive and took your anger out on me over a game of 'NBA Street Volume two' but then we'd make up and that was the end of it. Much simpler times, huh?"

Lauren ashed the blunt resting in between her fingertips then passed it to Emiliano. He was holding his breath and sat so stiff in the passenger seat of her car, he definitely needed a hit of what she had to let go a little bit.

"Yeah," he said flatly as he took the blunt and brought it to his lips, bright orange glowing at the end when he pulled and inhaled the smoke deep into his chest. He hasn't looked at Lauren once yet. Thankfully she didn't demand any eye contact, otherwise he'd break down and expose everything he felt or was thinking with just a simple gaze.

"What I valued most about our friendship was that I knew I could count on you to be honest with me. Even more, you returned the same respect I gave to you when it came to the women we were messing with. I never had to worry about your loyalty, Emiliano. Never. But now?" Lauren sucked in a deep breath and exhaled just the same. "Let's face the facts, you're a fucking snake. And it broke my heart to find out about what you did and the way you felt—the way you fucking...played me...like you never gave a fuck about our friendship or had any respect for me at all. What do you have to say about that?"

"I'm sorry—"

"No, no, no, no, no" —the words rolling quickly off her tongue as she laughed and shook her head— "that's bullshit. Don't you fucking bullshit me, because you're not sorry and I know better."

"I'm sorry about playing you when it came to business. I'm an idiot, I'll admit it. Business is the one thing you can't tolerate any fuck ups with and I made multiple mistakes due to poor judgement. My bad," Emiliano held up his hands and shifted his head a little to the side, fixating his eyes on the radio now. "But you're right, I'm not sorry—not sorry for falling in love with your girl and I'm not sorry for fucking with Candy. To be honest with you, that shouldn't even affect you. Number one, you two haven't been together since she shot you; number two, you're in a committed relationship already—may I remind you with her former best friend; and number three, who I sleep with is none of your business as long as the woman isn't your girlfriend—"

"Hold up, so if Aleesia was feeling you too, you're telling me you wouldn't fuck her and keep it from me? You're telling me that snake shit you're on wouldn't apply only then?" Lauren turned her whole body to face him. Man, was her blood boiling. He was already off to the worst start.

"I wouldn't be opposed to it but I still wouldn't go there."

"You're a fucking liar. If you knew she was down for it you wouldn't be able to keep it in your fucking pants."

"Kinda like you when you were so-called 'in love' with Candy but banged Aleesia every chance you got because you knew she was down and you wanted her. Man, you didn't give a fuck about whether or not she was Candy's best friend or that you were playing them both the whole fucking time all because you were greedy and couldn't make your mind up. How come you get a free pass to fuck up and clown around like that but I don't?" he spat all his rage onto her then took one final hit of her blunt before giving it back to her.