Chapter 20 - The Charge

The morning has arrived, a cold weather has risen from the mountain range but nature itself was quiet like it knew what was going to happen. I was walking up the mountain side along with a very quiet Ava as company. She hasn't said much since Duncan forced them all to participate in the battle that was about to erupt in the Dark Mountains. We were all ready for this. Ava was dressed in a very scarlet battle Armor. A bright scarlet leather jacket, corset, leather pants and some heeled boots. Around her back was long sword with a dark silver handle in the shape of an eagle. The swords blade was hidden in a dark leather sheath. Around her neck was her necklace that glowed in the light as she walked along with the clanging of the blade with every step she took. I have to admit she looked pretty bad ass in her outfit and made me a bit jealous. I on the other hand borrowed some clothes from Ava since you know I don't really own battle Armor. Dressed in all black I somehow felt a little morbid but also very confident. Black tank top that clung to my curves, a pair of black leather pants and my boots. Unlike her I didn't carry any weapons since well I am a witch. The woods up the mountain was empty, no birds, no animals. Duncan said that nature had a way of feeling when something bad was about to happen. Something still didn't feel right about him though but I couldn't place my finger on what exactly that inkling was. My inkling wasn't my biggest issue last night, after Duncan told us the plan Eric and I got into one another which is one thing I always remember.

Eric had a tight grip around my arm as he pulled me into the pool room. The gold walls were shimmering from the glowing pool water. There was a hint of rage behind those aqua blue eyes and it was something that was starting to scare the hell out of me. As we came to a halt in the room, Eric turned around to face me. His handsome face showing off the light stubble that was starting to grow on his jawline.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He barked at me.

"What do you mean?"

"You are talking about killing your own brother! What is the matter with you?"

"It's not like I have a choice in the matter Eric, I..."

"You do have a choice!" He yelled filling the room with his loud voice.

"You have a choice but you are ignoring it. Who are you?"

Tears slowly began to fill up in my eyes. Why is he saying these things?

"I'm still me. Eric please don't do this!" I pleaded fighting back the tears.

"I'm sorry Kat but I can't I'm sorry"

Before I could protest I had to stand there and watch as the love of my life walked out of the room and out of my heart. I couldn't speak, couldn't move, all I could do was let the tears fall. Like I said it will be a memory I won't forget quickly.

After a few more minutes of walking we finally reached the big black metal gate that lead to the Darkling village. According to Merlin, Jacob will be in the temple in the other side of the village but getting there will be the hardest part since you have to get through hundreds of Darkling's just to get there. As we stood there in front of the gate I saw out the corner of my eye how Alex & Merlin came walking up the side of the mountain with Duncan leading them towards us. Alex was dressed for a battle to the finish, black leather vest, blue jeans and his black boots. Around his shoulder was the hint of a swords hilt sticking out of a dark grey sheath. The hilt was almost like Ava's but his had more of a gold under layer than Ava's. Merlin on the other hand, he was dressed in a long maroon coat hiding most of his clothes underneath. There was a look in his brown eyes that told me that he was ready to face the demons that were waiting for us behind those gates. Duncan was still dressed the same as last night except for the two swords he had in each hand. I couldn't see the hilts of the swords but from the way the light was shining on the blades something told me they will cut through bones. Note to self, stay out of their way!