Chapter 8 - Broken

Have you ever though what would be like to see the light disappear under a cloud of darkness. Air being replaced by water, memories being pulled away. I never thought this would be the way I go but after last night it's the easiest way. My body was being pulled down to the bottom of the lake with the rock in my arm. It was heavy underwater but I held onto it for dear life, not that I had much left. My mind was drifting through all my memories that I had for such a short life.

When I was 10 my dad and I would head down to his work. He was a very successful lawyer that worked with almost everyone in Camelot. My dad's name was Gerald Hubs but everyone called him Gerry including my mom. I would listen to him talk about all his cases making everyone smile as he won them all. No one could resist my dad's green eyes when he spoke, a smile that could light up any room when he walked in. one particular memory came to mind though, the day he died.

Me and my brother were standing outside his office waiting for him to finish for the day. Jacob was in trouble again for back chatting to the teacher, again. Yip my brother has always been a mayor ass. The lobby was big where we waited. Varnished wood walls and reception desk, and coffee table in the middle. Under the table was a neat white carpet that made the wooden floor stand out more. There were white couches on opposite sides of the room so people can wait for my dad to finish with clients. The walls had lots of pictures on them from all the clients my dad has helped in the past. I was dressed in jeans, pink blouse and slops, my hair was short so it didn't bother me as much. Jacob had a black faze before my dad died so you can imagine he was dressed in black trousers, black t-shirt and black sneakers. His blond hair spiked up to feature a punk type of style. I can't even imagine what went through his mind then but I never asked and I never will.

"How long is dad going to be in there?" Jacob asked resting his head in his hands.

"I'm sure they will be done in a minute. Just relax okay."

I relaxed back into my chair when all of the sudden a loud thumb echoed through the office. The floor vibrated as something hard fell on the floor.

"Gerry! Gerry!" a Man cried out from within my father's office.

Both Jacob and I stormed through my Father's door and into his office. In the middle of his office was a big brown oak desk that was full of papers. Behind the desk was a huge black comfy chair that I love to steal sometimes and take it for a joyride through the office. On the bage carpet behind the desk was my father. He was passed out on the floor dressed in his grey lawyer suit. The man that was standing over him was none other than King Arthur himself. His blonde hair combed neatly like he wanted to show he can look nice and not just scruffy. His beard was completely shaven off making him handsome even though he was a lot older and I do mean a lot. He was dressed in a bage suit that clung to his body, it was probably a size too small.

"Daddy!" I pushed passed Arthur to reach my father. I placed my hand against his neck to feel for a pulse but there was nothing. Even as I just touched his skin, it was ice cold. It was as if someone stole all the heat from his body. The tears started rolling down my cheek as I started shaking my father trying to wake him up.

"Please wake up. Please! Please!" I yelled for a long time but nothing ever happened.

We released his ashes on the lake of light that week. According to the hospital he died of a heart attack, and because of some medical condition he had, his heart stopped due to a blood clot in veins. That was the last thing before Jacob changed and turned out the way he did. As I was drifting in the water something came back. My other side came back.

'What do you think you are doing?'

'I won't let you hurt anyone else'

'What makes you think I won't control you and make you swim'