Chapter 1 - Sorrow

War. War has always been part of life; it's that moment when two opposites just can't take the friction anymore which results into blood spill and death. And in our realm, it is nothing different.

My world does not exist to other realms or I should better state it does not exist on earth. My world is magic. You now the wave your wand type of magic you read in books well we are like that but we don't use wands or staffs or come to think of it anything except our hands which in my books makes us pretty bad ass. In our world there is still the good and the evil but there is a strong magic line in between that both sides keep forgetting. The Luna. A spell that was casted by ancient wizards to keep the balance, if one of the two oversteps that balance The Luna will restore the order no matter what the cost, or so I was thought by my teachers in primary.

I see we are getting ahead of ourselves here a bit...

Let's go back to the day it all started.

My mother was one of those people who never stayed in bed late and was always up by the crack of dawn. Unlike me and my twin brother, we loved our sleep but unfortunately we had to go to school. Don't get me wrong I love school; best part of it is to hang out with my best friend Sebastian. So like any girl ready for the day I came walking down our squeaky brown oak stairs, making my way to the front door. Our house was built out of the finest oak in Camelot, and yes I did just say Camelot. The house was two stories with 4 bedrooms each with our own bathroom. A kitchen the size of a dining hall, since my mom is a paid caterer. Then we have a dining room along with a spectacular lounge which my brother has taken over since we were born, such a weirdo. The door in front of me was dark brown with a clear glass in the middle that you could see out in the entire yard. Opening the door, you could smell the fresh air and feel the cold wind against my face. The wind was light and just breezy enough to move the few strands of blond hair out my face. My hair is always tied back into high pony since my hair isn't exactly short. Walking down the steps, the fresh air was something that was rare in Camelot. We didn't have regular wind like they do on earth but we do have some wind now and then. My boots touch the soft grass, hearing the grass being smothered by my feet. I look up at the sky and felt the sun's heat on my face, making all the cold that was in the house disappear from my features. In moments like these I forget everything around me which can be good and bad in some points. "If you want to sprout wings and fly. Just give me a heads up, will you?" I turn around and standing by the lake bridge was Sebastian, the one and only. Sebastian and I have been friends since we were in kindergarten. A lot of the girls in school swoon over his neatly styled messy brown hair, his light brown eye that reminds me of the mud at the lake. He was always dressed stylish in a way that is showed off his muscles, which he was proud to show off to anyone especially the boys. Yes Sebastian is gay. "Why, you afraid that you might get jealous?"

"Me, not in this lifetime honey. My arms are too big for wings." He remarked whilst flexing his right bicep.

"What arms? They're too skinny to even notice" I said trying to keep my laugh in.

"Hurtful!" Sebastian said while placing his left hand over his heart.

After that remark from me we could help but laugh. We made a pack in the beginning of our first day of high school that we will ever lie to one another, always tell the truth no matter what.

"Morning honey. You ready?" Sebastian asked. He always had a nickname for me whether it was sweetie or honey.

"Morning muscles. I should rather ask you that, I am not the one who went out on a disastrous date with the captain of the Lacrosse team" I laughed.