Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Ara?"

Eurydice groaned when she heard a familiar voice coming into her room. She suddenly felt her older brother sat on her bed. Tinakpan naman niya ang mukha niya ng unan.

"You're late," Her older brother, London Reece, said matter-of-factly. Mas lalo naman niyang tinakpan ang mukha niya ng unan. He's annoying her, "You're supposed to be on your class na."

"Ugh, why are you even here? You aren't supposed to be here, hindi ba ganun ka-busy ang medschool para makauwi ka rito?" She grumbled as he heard him chuckled. Her brother moved out from their house three years ago as he went to study medschool. Nasa malayo kasi ang medschool na pinag-aaralan nito - that's why their parents decided to purchase a unit for him. Every semestrial break, summer and Christmas lang ito umuuwi sa kanila. His brother is really busy in medschool kaya minsan ang mga magulang na nila ang mismong bumibisita rito sa unit.

"I have a one week break from school. It's medicine week for the university, I didn't join any activities so I decided to go home. Get up."

"You're impossible."

"You've been going to your class late for a week now."

"No."

"Mom told me. You became like this... just because you broke up with your boyfriend?"

Eurydice groaned even more as she forcefully woke herself up and sat. It has been a week since she and Archer Nevyn broke up. Her mom noticed that Archer wasn't fetching her anymore - so she told her the truth about their breakup.

"I didn't even know you had already two ex-boyfriends." London blurted out like it was an unbelievable thing. Binato naman niya rito ang unan sa gilid niya.

She doesn't even know why she felt sad and guilty since she was the one who ended things with Archer Nevyn. It seems like something is different after their breakup. Supposedly, hindi dapat ganun ang mararamdaman niya. This is what she wanted, not to go further. Not to take things more than what they agreed in the contract.

"You know, men are shits. Don't let them affect you, Ara. You've always been under control, don't let those shits control you or break you."

Eury rolled her eyes because of her older brother's pep talk, "You're a male. So you're a shit?"

Nagkibit-balikat naman ito, "I'm a different kind of shit, so, get up. Ako na maghahatid sayo." Her older brother tousled her hair and stood up before leaving her. She sighed. London was right though.

She should not let the breakup affect her.

She should not let Archer Nevyn's existence affect her life.

●●●

Eurydice quietly walked towards the hallways of their university building. She tightened her grip on her bag as she passed through the students. She's back being invisible again. She's back to being a normal university student with no popular football player guy following her.

She didn't even expect news would spread so fast about her breakup with Archer. She always would wonder why their university athletes are so popular among the students - especially for male athletes. Now, even though she already broke up with him, she could still notice some students staring at her.

"Hi!" She stopped when somebody approached her. It was Jacob's cousin, One of Archer Nevyn's exes, the one who faked a pregnancy just to get him. As what Archer describes, she's one of his psycho exess.