Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Five years later

Five years later.
Los Angeles, California, USA

"Eury!"

Nawi excitedly ran towards Arabella Eurydice when she finally arrived at Los Angeles International Airport. Winona hugged her so tightly, obviously happy to see her again.

"I missed you!" Nawi exclaimed as they freed themselves from the hug. Eury smiled back at her friend.

It's really been years since they last saw each other. Three years ago kasi ay nasa New York na ito nagstay. Winona Guiterrez was scouted as one of the new Victoria Secret Angels. Nawi who became one of her instant bestfriends is a supermodel and walks at prestigious runways. She also became really famous and even though it was like that, palagi pa rin silang nag-uusap na dalawa through messenger and sometimes, they would videocall each other.

"I'm so happy to see you again, Nawi," She told her and they both squealed again. How she really missed her best friends so much. Si Franzy kasi ay busy din sa career nito as a clinical psychologist na nasa Switzerland pa nagwowork. After they graduated college, Franzy underwent transformation - and became a transgender. Honestly nga, mas nagmukhang babae pa ito kesa sa kanya.

She's really proud of her best friends' chosen careers - that even though they grew older, they still didn't lose communication with each other.

"Hay, I'm really so happy na nandito ka na at may nakadiscover ng mga artworks mo! Like you're so good and you deserve it. Artists in the Philippines are not really given importance, unlike here sa States, you'll be so appreciated." Nawi commented as they both started to walk. May naghihintay na kasing sasakyan para sumundo sa kanila - and she really expected Nawi to do it. The perks of being too much rich.

"I just need a new enviroment saka States is a good place din kasi," She replied although what her friend said earlier was true. Hindi kasi masyadong appreciated ang mga artists like painters, sculptors and even writers sa Pilipinas. Even she was a struggling painter in her own country. Sinusubukan na nga lang siyang ini-encourage ng Dad niya na mag-abogado gaya nito (her father is a a trial court judge) - but she was firm with her decision. Even though she was a struggling painter, she enjoys what she was doing.

Last month, Adam Cavallier, a famous Italian art collector and enthusiast, suddenly invited her to do an art exhibit exclusively at his own art gallery museum found in New York. She was really shocked when she saw his very own message at her email. Adam is a known art collector and he himself is also a painter. Kilala ito ng lahat ng mga painters sa buong mundo kaya - when Adam Cavallier would invite or even buy your artworks - it would mean you're really a good artist.