Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"Archer, pass me the salt," Eurydice instructed her then fake-fiancee who was just watching her cooking. It was already the 24th of December at isang oras na lang ay darating na ang mga bisita nila sa bahay. It was also mildly snowing outside in New York City.

She and Archer decided to have a noche buena with their own respective families. Last week kasi, bigla na lang siyang tinawagan ng parents niya na bibisitahin siya nito sa New York - and apparently, her parents knew about her engagement with Archer Nevyn. They also told her they want to meet their future son-in-law. Although her parents already knew Archer way back when they were in college, gusto daw ng mga ito makabonding ulit ang binata. Her older brother London will be coming also.

Archer Nevyn's family was also invited. His biological dad, Lawrence Velasco will also be coming, including his aunt, Vanessa Rivera (which is his dad older sister and the wife of Senator Samuel The Third). Catherine and Adam Cavallier will also join them. Si Paige naman ay dadalo din sa salo-salo nila kasama ang boyfriend nito.

In short, it's going to be huge noche buena for their families.

Archer passed her the salt. Earlier this morning, they cleaned and decorated their home. To be honest, she was excited to see her parents again, "How can I even live without you, Esquivel?" He suddenly said and Eury looked at him. She shook her head and continued cooking.

"You can, if you'll learn how to cook."

"You know that's the only thing I'll never be good at," Archer crossed his arms and just kept watching her, "Remember the other day that I almost burned the house? You were sick and I decided to make you a chicken soup - but I can't even cook a simple soup right."

Eurydice giggled at what he just said. 'Nung isang araw kasi ay nilagnat siya. She wasn't feeling well that she wasn't able to paint nor to cook. Archer Nevyn, who's just got a break from football, decided to cook a chicken soup for her - but it was a disaster.

But at least he tried.

She appreciated it.

She turned back at him again and playfully tapped his right cheek, "I still ate it, didn't I? Don't worry about it. I appreciate it, Velasco," She replied before tasting the food that she cooked again. After realizing it was already good, she turned off the stove.

Both of them then proceeded in preparing all the food on the table. She also roasted a turkey and put it on the middle. When they were already finished, she told Archer that it's time for them to change clothes. Sumunod naman kaagad ito sa sinabi niya.

After a few minutes, they were done changing clothes. Arabella Eurydice was wearing a simple red silk dress with short sleeves on the side, partnered with a three-inched black stilleto. She didn't tie her hair back and just let it down. Archer Nevyn, on the other hand, was wearing a white long sleeved formal shirt and a black slacks. His shoes were black also. Nilapitan naman ito ni Eury at inayos ang buhok nito. Archer - who didn't expect at what she just did, shyly smiled.

"Eury," Archer called her named and suddenly showed her a blue sapphire ring - her birthstone. Isinuot naman nito iyon sa daliri niya. For those few months that they have been fake-engaged, they never really mentioned a ring - but now, Archer Nevyn gave her one.

After putting the ring on her finger, Archer kissed her hand and held it. Ngumiti lang siya.

A few seconds later, they heard a doorbell. Pumunta naman kaagad silang dalawa sa pintuan. Eury opened the door and saw her older brother, London, was the first one to arrive.

"Kuya," She hugged her older brother. Archer shook his hand after. Ibinigay din nito sa kanila ang dala nitong wine.

"Dr. Esquivel, it's nice to see you again," Archer Nevyn suddenly said after shaking his hand. Nilingon naman ito ni Eury at napakunot-noo. She never formally introduced her older brother to Archer, even before. Only her parents knew about him because London, during the time they were still dating in college, was busy in medschool.