Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Eurydice has been fidgetting for half an hour already while trying to call her friend, Nawi, for the tenth time. It was still early in the morning pero ang tibok ng puso niya ay mas lalo lang bumibilis.

She was pacing back and forth at her friend's apartment as she called her again for the eleventh time. When her friend finally answered, she almost screamed, "Nawi! Oh my god, nasaan ka ba?!"

"Eury! I'm so sorry! Sorry if hindi kita nasamahan pauwi kagabi, I was--"

"Nawi, you need to go home. I need some help, hindi ko na alam gagawin ko--"

"I'm here, I'm here."

Napatigil naman siya nang biglang bumukas ang pinto ng apartment at tumambad na rin sa paningin niya ang kaibigan - but her friend was not alone, a familiar guy was standing beside her.

It was Blake Hamilton, Nawi's only ex.

Nanlaki naman ang mga mata niya.

"Okay, before you freak out and say that I'm too marupok... well, si Blake ang marupok! He's the one chasing me back and... and! He finally admitted that it was all his fault--"

Napahilot naman si Eurydice sa sentido at hindi ito pinatapos, "Are... you getting back together?"

Mas lalong sumasakit ang ulo niya dahil sa mga nangyayari.

Her friend getting back together with her ex (whom Nawi cursed to hell back and forth and swore she would never get back together with him), the incident that just happened at the gala and lastly, the media going all frenzy over it within just hours!

"Uhm... I mean... long distance lang naman problema namin..."

"And... you went out last night with him?" She asked her friend in disbelief.

"We didn't have sex! Promise! Hindi ako ganun karupok." Nawi defended and Blake laughed on her side.

But Eurydice eyed Blake like she was going to cut his throat, hindi niya alam kung bakit mas lalo siyang nabubuwisit dahil dito. He came with Archer Nevyn at the Met Gala - and now, she realized why, "If you're going to hurt my best friend again, I'm going to cut your throat, literally, Blake."

"I won't," Bigla naman itong sumeryoso, "Not this time."

Inirapan naman niya ito - and she finally groaned in frustration again, "Nawi, I have a problem."

"Huh, what?"

Ibinigay naman niya rito ang phone niya. She groaned again as she lied down on the couch and covered her face with the pillow.

"I'm freaking doomed," She said, "My life is doomed."

"Oh my god! Why the hell did you say you were engaged to Archer Nevyn?!"

"I didn't have a choice!" Eury replied defensively, "There was this old man at the gala who keeps creeping me out. He was giving me advances, he was creepy, Nawi, he won't stop bugging me. Tapos... I told him I have a boyfriend pero hindi pa rin niya ako tinigilan then I saw Archer from afar and I told him I was engaged to him and he finally... stopped."

"But the guy probably spread what you said so quickly."

"Yeah... apparently, there was a Entertainment Weekly reporter near us and video-recorded what I said and the old guy that kept creeping me was an EW executive."

"Look at your twitter account! Ang daming nagrereact and at the same time, people are bashing at you. May mga nasty messages pa silang sinend sayo..." Nawi told her as her friend was still scanning through the phone.