Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Eurydice was stunned after hearing those three words from Archer. Napabitaw naman siya mula sa pagkakayakap dito. She then looked at him. Archer Nevyn was already staring at her lovingly. She suddenly felt her heart thumping faster. Archer was never really vocal about his feelings to her. The first time she heard him those three words was during his graduation ball - where she discovered the whole truth.

Then now, he repeated the three words again - and the feeling was just more intense than before.

I love you.

He suddenly cupped her right cheek. Napansin naman niyang unti-unting inilapit nito ang mukha nito sa kanya. Mas lalo namang lumakas ang tibok ng puso niya kaya napapikit na lang siya - but then he felt her kissing her forehead.

"I love you," He repeated the words again, "I'm always going to be in love with you, Arabella Eurydice."

"Archer..."

Hindi naman niya alam kung ano isasagot dito. She was still sorting her feelings out. She doesn't want to pressure herself. She doesn't know what to do with her emotions. It was too overwhelming.

"You don't have to say it back, baby," He smiled and it almost melted her, "Even if you won't say it back, it's okay. All I want from you is your happiness. That is what I always wanted since then. Your happiness is enough for me."

Eurydice just bit her lip after hearing his statement. Somehow, to be honest, since she started living with him, she appreciated all his efforts for her. Buying her art materials, helping her with her work; fetching and dropping her off, helping her also with the house chores, cooking (even though he was a bad cook), taking care of her when she's sick or whenever it's necessary. Archer Nevyn Joziah always has her back. Hindi siya nito pinababayaan. Kahit 'nung college nila ay ma-effort ito sa kanya. Even though people had judged him before that he was an asshole fuckboy, a two-timer, a cheater - or the guy who always makes the girls cry - for her, he was different. The Archer she knew was kind, a good team captain who guides his teammates every practice, a smart student (who even volunteered for a free tutorial classes for the lower years), thoughtful - and who accepts wholeheartedly his flaws and mistakes.

He didn't even hesitate to take all the blame for drugging her ex, Isaac Jacob. Alam nitong kasabwat nito si Beck Pineda -  but he took all the blame and the punishments - so that Pineda can still graduate on time and take the board exams. Pineda passed the mechanical engineering board exam - while Archer wasn't allowed to even take his own.

And for that... After learning all those things that happened now...

She forgives him.

No, she already forgave him years ago.

She wasn't just ready to admit now.

Eury took a deep breath. She was nervous, "Archer."

"Yes?" His voice was soft.

"Can you wait for me?" She could already feel her face turning red. She bit her lip again to avoid feeling embarrassed, "Please wait for me."

For a second, she noticed a flicker of surprise from his green eyes.

Napansin naman niya ang pagsilay ng ngiti nito pagkatapos. It was already a confident smile.

"I'll always wait for you, Eury."

●●●

"Pinahirapan mo pa talaga ako!"

Eury stopped from putting her paintings when Franzy, her best friend since she was young, finally arrived at the art gallery museum. She laughed and went near to her best friend. Nagbeso-beso naman silang dalawa. Hindi talaga niya inexpect na after all those years, mag-iiba ang itsura nito. Franzy became a transwoman.