Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Here's your Almond Butterscotch frappucino," Arabella Eurydice cheerfully said at the young teenage girl after giving her order. The girl smiled and thanked her before walking away.

"Eurydice, you're off," Alan, another co-barista told her and she nodded. Her shift for that day has already ended. Actually, Fred's coffee shop is open for 24 hours every day except sundays. Kanina ay maaga ang duty niya sa araw na iyon. She went to work at 6am and ended with 2pm.

Nagpaalam na rin siya sa iba pa niyang kasamahan sa trabaho. She changed her uniform into her normal clothes. Babalik pa siya mamaya sa bahay nila ni Archer at maglilinis. After that, with the money she earned from her part-time job, she's going to use to buy some new set of art materials. Paubos na kasi iyong mga paints niya - as she was also almost done with her artworks.

She took a bus and a few minutes later, she was already at their house. Archer Nevyn wasn't present during that day dahil may game ito with his team, the New York Jets vs. New England Patriots for the NFL season. She was planning earlier that she's going to the MetLife Stadium to watch his game after she finished buying her art materials.

She then started to clean the house. Every week niyang nililinis ang bahay nito, although sometimes, Archer would also help her. Nahihiya rin kasi siyang hindi maglinis dahil isa rin siya sa dahilan kung bakit nagiging magulo ang ayos ng living room nito. Sa sala kasi siya laging nagpipinta at alam niyang nagkalat na ang mga art materials niya sa loob.

Eury was going over her stuff in the living room when she noticed a small sticky note that was posted on the center table. Kinuha naman niya iyon at binasa. It was a note coming from Archer Nevyn.

Hey.
I forgot to tell you that I bought you a new set of art materials. Napansin ko kasing you're almost out of paints na. I forgot to put the materials in the living room and actually left the paper bag in my room. You can get it from there.

Now, enjoy the rest of the day, Esquivel.

Your loving future husband,
Archer Nevyn Joziah

Eurydice playfully rolled her eyes after reading the note - and a few seconds later, her lips curved into a smile. Pinuntahan naman niya kaagad ang kwarto nito at pumasok doon. She didn't even tell him about the art materials - but then he always notices the small things.

Before she could even get the paper bag, she froze.

She noticed all the paintings that was displayed on the walls of Archer's room. All of the artworks that were displayed - were painted by her. Ito yung mga paintings na binenta niya 'nung nasa Pilipinas siya. It was her works in which she was still a struggling artist to make a living out of her paintings.

And how did even Archer got all her paintings? It wasn't sold to him.

She even tried to remember if Archer Nevyn had tried to buy her paintings - but how? They never had a contact with each other for all those years and Archer never returned to the Philippines after he left the university.

Napatingin naman siya sa gilid niya at napansin ang paper bag na naglalaman ng bagong art materials niya.

She could feel her emotions rising up. She is really confused on what to feel during that time - after discovering Archer Nevyn has all her paintings that she worked hard to paint and sell. The only painting that she ever gave to him was the painting of her mother, Catherine Sanderson, which is already at Adam Cavallier's house.

She tried to divert her thoughts off and picked up the paper bag. Later, she's going to ask Archer about it.

●●●