Chapter 6: The New Creatures

Some of the miners stayed back to rest for a while. The battle with the black figure tired them out.

On the other hand, Khane, Felix, and his team were on the move. They were going to the digsite, going to start mining out an area for Project: 13.

"Hey guys," said Thomas, the leader of the miners, "Remember our chant?"

One miner, Carlos, said, "Oh yeah! How long have we not done that?"

"Its been a while, honestly," said Khane, with reminiscence. He is an old friend of the miners.

"Seriously, Khane?," said Felix, "I heard you chanting that once yesterday, when we were mining."

Khane said, "Oh yeah."

"Cmon guys," said Jane, another miner, "We're gonna end up getting there at night if we don't stop standing there."

"Aight," Thomas said, putting his hands behind his head.

Carlos looks up and sees something behind the trees.

"Hey guys," asked Carlos, pointing behind the tree, "the heck is that?"

Everyone looked at where he pointed to.

There was a weird looking creature behind the tree. It looked like a green bowling pin with 4 legs. It started walking to them. The gang walked toward it.

"Hey buddy," said Jane, "I haven't seen anything like you before."

The creature's eyes started to glow red as it started hissing silently.

"HIT THE DECK!" screamed Thomas.
Everyone jumped out of the way, some ran away.

It blew up in an explosion just like a TNT.

Everyone was surprised. There was a hole where the creature, whatever it was, blew up.

Then more came out from behind the trees and from the hole.

Thomas said, smiling, "Alright guys. Lets do this!!" and pulls out a diamond sword with the enchants Sharpness IV, Knockback II, Fire Aspect I, and Unbreaking III.
Khane and Felix pull out their weapons which are a Flame I-Punch II-Infinity Bow and an axe with Knockback I, and Unbreaking IV.
Carlos opens his vest to show Healing II, Harming II, Slowness II, Regeneration II, and Poison II potions.
Jane pulls out two diamond swords with one enchanted with Knockback I and Sharpness II, and the other enchanted with Fire Aspect II and Sharpness III and dual wields them.

"CHARGE!" screamed Jane, running with her swords at her back.

Felix charges his bow with a poison arrow and Khane runs and jumps for a ground smash swing.

The creatures were pushed back for a while but soon gained the advantage with their numbers.

Jane and Thomas were fighting back-to-back with Carlos splashing Regeneration II potions on them.
Carlos soon went from healing to attack mode. He pulls out slowness potions and throws three on the horde coming toward them. They started to slow down as Carlos throws Poison II potions on them then finishes them off with harming II potions.

The effect was instintaneous as the creatures started to slowly die out.
Back to Khane and Felix, the creatures were slowly getting killed.

"Hey Khane!" called out Felix, "Let's do our special!"

Khane remembered about their special attack and smiled.

"Let's do it," Khane said, pulling our blocks of TNT.

Khane placed down 10 TNT blocks in a line and lit a fuse. Felix pulls out strength arrows and fires them at the TNT blocks, igniting them and making them stronger.
{A/N: This will not work}

The blast killed most of the creatures and the rest was killed by Khane's ground slam.

On the side of Carlos, Thomas, and Jane, Thomas was fighting as he pulled out a shield to block an explosion from one of the creatures. Jane was a whirlwind of hurt and pain as she swung her swords at the creatures. Carlos pretty much was indestructible as he threw Healing II and Regeneration II on the three of them all while inflicting Poison II and Harming II on the slowed down creatures. But suddenly, lightning struck on one of them. It started raining but it was not a concern for one of the creatures started to glow with electrical power.

"What the.." started Jane, but was cut off when they heard a weird bow sound.

Jane, Carlos, and Thomas looked back and saw one of the other miners with a loaded crossbow.

This miner was named James, and his friend Charles came soon after with an enchanted diamond pickaxe with Knockback II.

"Haha! You think we're givin' you all the fun?" James asked.

"Hey!" Carlos said, "Get down here and help us fight or there will be no fun for you."

James and Charles jump down and the rest come with weapons like swords, bows, axes and even fishing rods.

One miner dual wielded a fishing rod and an enchanted Sharpness V-Knockback II diamond sword. His technique was to pull the creatures with the fishing rod and knocking them back with the sword, doing massive damage while doing so. It was so effective that those with fishing rods and swords with some sort knockback enchant started doing it.

Back at Thomas' turf, one of the charged creatures started walking toward them.

"Hey, Khane, let's get that buff one," said Thomas, pointing at the charged creature.

Khane smiled, "Heck yeah."

Khane stands low with his axe in hand, ready to attack, then Thomas jumps onto Khane's back. Khane pushes Thomas up as Thomas holds his sword up, en route to the creature's head. Khane also runs in to attack the creature from below.

Together, Khane and Thomas' blows to the creature managed to kill it.

Soon, the rest of them were finished off by all the miners.

A sense of success filled their head. There were some holes on the ground, due to some explosions, but other than that, there were no casualties. They also were stocked with lots of gunpowder. It would definately help in digging out the area for Project: 13.

And with that in their heads, they headed toward the digsite in peace.