Chapter 11: Dispatch

Khane and Felix reached the office and immediately, Mitch told them to sit down. They followed and sat on the chairs infront of his desk.

"Anyone need anything before we start?" asked Mitch.

Felix nodded, "I need a Swiftness Potion. I'm tired."

Mitch pulled out a Swiftness Potion from under his desk. Felix took it and chugged it.

"Thanks," acknowledged Felix.

Mitch nodded.

"Okay. This will need some time explaining, but hear me out," said Mitch, "I will have to send you four out to collect the neccesary materials to create pretty much the escape route."

"WHAT?!" both Evan and Bradley screamed.

"Yes, it is hard to tell you this but you've helped a lot already," said Mitch, "I feel that this is too much to ask of you but I need you to collect all the materials needed for the portal."

"But why us, sir? We're probably not that equipped for this," said Evan.

"Yeah!" Khane exclaimed, "How about Ryan? The Emerald Army? The freakin' Secret Forces Agency?"

Mitch waited for all of their bickering to cease. Once it did, Mitch looked at Khane.

"I know that you have the most important roles in the construction," said Mitch, "You all do, but what is the point of a bomb shelter without an escape route? We need Ryan and his army, and the Secret Forces Agency is out on a mission."

The four got silent. They realized Mitch was right. Ryan and the army have to defend the castle, and the Secret Forces Agency are needed to spy, just in case the other cities coming to the mountain plan to fight against us.

"Okay, sir," replied Felix, "What is your command?"

Mitch nodded.

Mitch said, "You have to give your roles to your most trusted. Felix, Khane, you two are to go to the nether. Find refuge in the fortress and then search for the hidden location of the legendary Nether Shrine residing in the south, just use the compass found in the fortress for reference. Evan and Bradley, on the other hand, both if you are to find the mythical Sea of Tranquil, hidden in the north, you all got that?"

Everyone nodded, understandingly. In their eyes, Mitch could see fear but also valor, bravery, and determination. They were clearly perfect for the job.

"What should we search for in those places though, sir?" asked Bradley.

"Oh!" exclaimed Mitch, "I completely forgot to tell you, sorry! Anyways, in the Nether Shrine, you are to find the Nether Core. An object so powerful, it feels like the energy to power a million redstone lamps surges through you're body, or so the saying goes. As for those to the Sea of Tranquil, you must find the Tranquil Core, which gives you the power of demigods the legends say."

"I feel the need to ask for a map or something..?" said Bradley.

"Yes, yes. That is something I have not forgotten," said Mitch, "They are with the royal cartographers, in Emerald Village. Tell them I sent you. Through this code:
'-.- .. -. --.    -- .. - -.-. ...   ... . .-. .'
That is Morse Code, which they are fluent in reading. Although, I will give you some items to helo you find your way."

The group looked up at Mitch.

Mitch pulled out four key molds.

"These key molds are the closest guesses to the locks that keep the Nether Shrine shut. To use this, you must use pure diamond, melted with lava to form the shape of the keys shown here."

He opened the key molds and showed what it looked like.

One looked just like a cliche key, the one with the two teeth.
The next had a demon face and didn't have two teeth, but instead had a pointed edge.
Another one had a diamond-shaped key head while having three teeth instead of two.
Finally, the last one had no teeth, or appealing features. Just a key head and the body.

"You two also have Protection IV, Fire Protection IV, Thorns II, Feather Falling IV, armor to protect yourself. I'm sure you haven't fought as much as Bradley and Evan. The armor is with the armorer. Give them the same code."

The two nodded and took the key molds

"And for the Sea of Tranquil, not only will you be given Efficiency V tools, and Respiration III-Depth Strider III-Aqua Affinity armor, but you will also get these," said Mitch, while pulling out three shapes. A circle, a hexagon, and a triangle.

"These are the keys to the chest hidden in the Sea of Tranquil. You have to fit each piece in the correct space," said Mitch.

Evan and Bradley, understandingly, took the keys. When they grabbed it, they realized that it was made out of a gem, but it didn't look like emeralds or diamonds.

"What the..?" murmured Evan, "What is this made of?"

Mitch, looking at Evan, said, "That is made of Tetrinium. It is a mixture of emeralds and diamonds, the exact gem needed to open the chest in the Sea of Tranquil. Sadly, all of the Tetrinium is in an unknown location, but we did find a mixture that has the exact same properties of Tetrinium."

The gem was beautifully carved with curved tips. It's color was a darker blue than diamond and a little green that comes from the emeralds.

Evan took a sip of Regeneration from his flask while everyone looked at him with weird faces.

"Why.. did you.. take a sip.. of Regen?" asked Khane.

"Needed to regen my brain cells," said Evan.

"Okay then," said Bradley, weirded out a little.

"Alright," said Mitch, "I think we're done here."

"Ok," said Felix, "We'll be on our way then."

Mitch looked at them for a bit and then said, "Well, I'll be doing some stuff too."

Khane asked, "What do you mean by that?"

"I will be doing some.." Mitch started, pulling out a diamond sword infused with the best enchantments -- Sharpness V-Knockback II- Fire Aspect II-Sweeping Edge III-Looting III-Unbreaking III-Mending, "..executing."

The four looked at the sword with awe and fear. That could completely destroy skeletons in 2 swing and is WAY longer than a regular sword. Not only that, but it is also nearly unbreakable, gets mended for every monster it kills and could triple every single drop. It inflicts insane knockback, deals over five times the amount of a normal sword, and can set the person hit with FIRE. Literal fire.

"Woah," said Evan, "Dramatic much?"

"Gotta atleast make some drama, right?" asked Mitch.

Everyone looked like they didn't accept it.

"Nevermind," said Mitch, "We all have our roles, let's get at it."