Chapter 7: Bite and Bones

Bradley walked through the village with his team, Evan, Queen Adoria, and some of the Redstone Village population.

Bradley was quite happy of what his team now composed. He and his original team each had their own roles. Evan was a master at hiding the redstone, or at least keeping the redstone inconspicuous, and Queen Adoria and her men can make incredibly complicated traps like a pitfall made using block updates as the redstone pulse.

Bradley just finished the arrow and fireball dispensers and filled the rest with lava buckets.

"Alright guys and girls," said Bradley, "that's gonna be it today."

Evan places a bunch of stone blocks around the dispensers to hide them, mostly along the bottom.

"I gotta admit," said Queen Adoria, "this is a pretty good defence system. Pouring lava AND shooting fireballs and arrows? Genius!"

"Of course Your Highness," said Bradley, "Evan and I have been experimenting with redstone so much. Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, but I can make something like a fricking laser door out of the top of my head, and Evan has learned more redstone as we were experimenting."

"That's pretty cool," said Adoria, "and also Bradley, Evan, call me Adoria."

"Sure, Adoria," said Evan, "Anyway, we better get back, it's getting late."

Evan puts on his elytra and glides down then shoots back using fireworks.

"Y'know," said Adoria, "it baffles me how much you know about making stuff. Like, for example, your ender pearls. How did you make it?"

Bradley smirks. "It was done my simply using mini-observers inside the pearls and taking copies of all the particles of the wielder and remaking those said particles in the area where the pearl was thrown while destroying the old one, thus, teleportation,
"Although it will cost some damage to your feet, which is why it is recommended that you only use 3 pearls each day. It may cause some real damage. Trust me, I tried."

Then, an arrow hit someone, but the rain of arrows from the Redstonians soon countered it.
They got one of the archers and killed the rest.

They walked down to see who ambushed and attacked them and were surprised to see it was a skeleton. The other archers too were skeletons.

Skeletons usually stay underground and actually had peace with the players so something must have happened, but before they could comprehend what had occured, something killed one of the redstonians them.

An arrow stuck out of his head and a few bite marks were seen on his legs.
A skeleton soon came out, but it was riding something.

"What is that?!" exclaimed Adoria, pointing at what the skeleton was riding.

"It looks like something, I just can't remember," Bradley said.

"I-it-i-t," stuttered someone, "I-It's a spider!"

Everyone looked at the engineer and saw a terrified look on his face.
Seeing his face, everyone pulled out their weapons.

Adoria, a Piercing IV-Rapid Fire II-Multishot crossbow.
Bradley, an axe with Unbreaking II and Knockback II, and a sword with Sharpness V and Fire Aspect II and dual wielded them.
The rest wielded weapons like enchanted crossbows, swords and axes.

Bradley launched a firework which was a red ball.

Bradley ran in and used a very complicated technique of attacking and defending with the axe and sword. He punctured a skeleton with his sword and blocked an arrow with his axe. He swapped his sword and axe and started fighting with the axe, which does more damage. He ran to the skeleton which shot an arrow at him and swung his axe. The axe grazed the skeleton's bones and the skeleton counterattacked with 2 arrows that Bradley blocked. Bradley swapped from wielding an axe and a sword and pulled out his bow. He pulled back the arrow and pierced the skeleton's skull.