Chapter 13: The Village

As Carlos, Jane and Thomas went to the castle, they passed through Emerald Village just to see what's up. Turns out, many things happened.

The Redstonians are now chatting with the residents of the village without any conflict. They could see black and gold talking with jade and emerald, trading with them, making the place just look much better.

"Hey!" someone said, "Guys!"

The three look back as they see someone running to them. They recognise it's one of the miners from the camp.

"Oh hey, sis," said Jane, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm just here to buy some stuff and I happened to run into you," said the miner. Her name was Janine, Jane's younger sister. She helps James and Charles with looking out for those hordes.

"I just need to get a bunch of sticks. We,'re running low," said Janine, "Someone took all the sticks and made a thousand ladders. I mean, why?!?"

"Alright, contain yourself a bit," said Carlos, chuckling, "I think the wood store is over there, at the turn to the right."

"Thanks!" acknowledged Janine.

Janine ran to the turn and bought a bunch of sticks.

"Thanks again," said Janine, when she came back.

"Yeah, no problem at all," said Thomas.

Janine then ran back to the direction of the digsite.

The three took a look around the village. It's been a while since they entered the village, and yet not much has changed.

They turn and see one of the traders that they kept buying from, Ku the village butcher. He is one of the descendants of the villager race, who have a different lineage from the players. They also have pretty simple names.

"Hey, Ku!" Carlos called out.

Ku looked back, saw the three and said, "Oh hey! I haven't seen you three in a while. Where have you been?"

"Oh, it's classified," said Thomas, "We can't tell you."

"Oh, I understand," said Ku.

They sit down at their usual table and order.

"Our usual, please Ku," said Jane.

"Right away," Ku replied.

As they waited, they were talking about how they were going to finish Project:13.

"So, we will have to make a lot of stuff for the project," said Carlos, "We'll need the stone bricks, which is being done because it is smelting in our super smelter."

"That's good," said Jane, "We'll need everything we can get. It can be tough if we run out of stone bricks. Seeing as we have to mine more."

"Yeah," said Thomas, "That was a good call."

Their food came and Thomas gets bread with some steak, Carlos gets cooked pork and steak, and Jane gets a chicken and steak between bread, whick Ku calls a "burger".

They eat the food, pay Ku and leave.

"Alright," said Jane, "Let's get back to business."

"Actually, wait," said Thomas.

Jane looked at him and said, pretty stressed out, "Oh God, what is it?"

Thomas was looking at the map store. He wanted to buy one of the maps and draw something out, just in case someone has been left here and manages to survive the wrath of the armaggedon.

"I'm gonna go there for a sec," said Thomas, "Bear with me here."

Jane sighed, "Alright, fine. Just be back in 10 minutes."

"Alright," said Thomas, and walked in the store.

He looked around at all the many maps in the place and looked for the blank maps.

He found them and turned to see the owner, Cha. She was also a descendant from the villager race and made this store by herself.

"Looking at our blank maps, Thomas?" asked Cha.

"Yeah, I was wondering how much one of these blank maps cost," said Thomas.

Cha looked at Thomas with an amused face, "You come here most of the time and buy blank maps, you should know."

"Of course I do," said Thomas, "I was just playing with you." He pulls out 7 emeralds and gives it to Cha. Cha inspects the emeralds to see if they are real. She had many come in with fake emeralds.

"Okay, these are authentic," said Cha, "You can get your map now."

"Thanks, Cha," Thomas acknowledged Cha.

He walked out of the store with a map in his hand. He places it in his bag and continued to go to the castle.

They keep walking until they realize that they went the wrong way. They got so caught up in meeting a bunch of people in stores that they completely lost their direction.

"Where are we?" asked Carlos.

"The wrong way," replied Jane. She was a but agitated.

They looked around and they found themselves in the complete other side of the town. They looked at each other.

"Oh my goodness!" exclaimed Jane, "Now we have to go back!"

"Alright," said Carlos, "Chill out. Calm down."

"Chill out?!" exclaimed Jane, "We literally went off track and you want me to chill out?"

"Yes," Carlos said, calmly.

Jane, after a while, calmed down.

"Alright," said Jane, "I'm calm. I'm calm."

"Okay, let's move," said Thomas.

They kept walking and saw the castle coming into view. They finally got to the gateway of the bottom of the mountain. They hiked up the mountain and rested in the pitstop for a while.

After an hour, they left the pitstop and continued their hike. They found a bunch of hikers, said their "hello"s and continued on.

They finally reached the doors of the castle. A guard in the front of the door guarded it.

"Identity?" asked the guard, sternly.

"Jane, Thomas, and Carlos," replied Jane, "We come from the digsite of..

Then she whispered, "..Project: 13."

"Go right on in," said the guard.

They looked around and were amazed by how much it changed since the last time they came here.

"Alright," said Jane, seriously, "Let's go and do what we are supposed to do, yell Mitch about the news."

They nodded and proceeded to Mitch's office.

They open the door and say, "The skeletons and the green bomb creatures have an alliance."

Mitch looked at them with shock and told them, "Come in here, there's something I need to tell you."