Chapter 15 (Part 3): The Reaction

The three took in the information first. The story had lots of it. Good ones.

"So," Thomas started, "You're telling me that this Amara guy.. created everything that exists that set out to kill us, his own species?"

Mitch looked at Thomas and said, "Yes. He did create the monsters that we know today. One of the powers given to him by the entity had been to summon his creations at will. By his thoughts, by his mind, by his hand."

They reflected on this knowledge, as a question lingers in the air.

"So.. does that mean," Jane said, "That Amara, or Herobrine, is back?"

Everyone shuddered at the thought.

"If I'm going to be honest," Mitch told them, "We have no idea if that is the case or not. We can have theories spiralling around but never answers about someone dead. We can never be sure."

Carlos looked at Mitch, "But all this has a connection, right? Like, take this story, take our situation right now, and we get the perfect answer. Bam badoosh!"

"Not really, no," Mitch replied, "We only get one piece of the puzzle. We have the piece of their alliance, but there are many pieces still left to complete the picture."

Mitch looked out the window, gazing at the population growth due to most cities, towns, villages, and castles moving in to his own. He looked to the three and they were looking back at him, with questions.

Thomas opens his mouth but Mitch cuts him off, "Yes I know what you are going to ask, Thomas. If the monsters could've just done this, if this wasn't done by Herobrine himself, why would they do it now, when most civilizations are at their highest? The answer to that, I may have with me."

He turns back to the group, walks to his desk, opens a cabinet, and pulls out a piece of pork, with blackness spreading all over it. All of them gander at the ruined food at their sight

"Here, we have a piece of pork, but it has some.. problems," Mitch started, "This was found to be decay, or as most people would call it, the Withering effect. There are only two creatures known to bring the Withering effect with them, Wither Skeletons, and the legendary Wither."

Thomas shuddered at the sound of that name, "Th-the W-withe-r?"

"So you have heard of it, how it had been told," he said, "A near immortal being, capable of destroying worlds. It's three heads shrieking with the sound of many souls trapped within its body. Shooting explosive bullets out of it's three mouths. A long spine with a ribcage as a body.

How it is formed is not known, but it had been mentioned in the story of Herobrine. It had been told he had created it together with the rest of the army. It had destroyed many lives while alive. It had dropped a token for finally defeating it, but we still don't know of it's power."

Jane put her head on her hands as she tried to process the information.

"I'll need some time," she said.

"She's really got a lot on her mind now, don't she?" Carlos said.

"Yeah, we all do," said Thomas with a stern look.

"I don't blame you guys," Mitch replied, "You've been hit with a lot in a few moments. I'll give you a bit to rest."

They just sat there for a few minutes processing everything that they've heard. Mitch continued looking out of the window and looking down at the village. Seeing how peaceful it is there.

Mitch sighed, "Do any of you have anything worth saying to help us here?"

"Well," Thomas said, "Project: 13 has been doing well so far. In a few weeks, we can start bringing the people in."

"Good," Mitch said, "We'll need them in as soon as possible. We don't know where the Wither is but we shouldn't take any chances."

"Yes, sir!" Carlos saluted.

"Should we head back to the site?" asked Jane.

"Yes," Mitch replied, "You need to finish the project quickly. Things could go bad at any second. We need to hurry. Put your armor on, bring your weapons at all times, and keep a look out."

They all nodded, putting on their armor. 

"Now," Mitch said, "Go. Prepare the world for it's potential end. Maybe we can be saved.:

They packed up their stuff and left the office, out of the building, and to the site, where they are to stay for the time being.

Mitch sighed, "Let's hope our plan works."

"It will, sir," Brandon said, "The Wither hasn't been seen anywhere near yet and work on Project: 13 has been doing well."

"Let's just pray to Notch that this world remains our home," Mitch replied.

The sun set on the horizon as Mitch and his assistants looked off into the distance, Khane, Felix, Bradley, and Evan bring together their most trusted men to lead the area and they prepare to leave, Thomas, Jane, and Carlos lead their team to finish Project: 13, the Royal Army keeps a lookout for any hostile entities, and the villagers and citizens are being kept safe.

A melancholy feeling emanated from the sunset and gave the sensation of being captive, but the inhabitants kept faith in themselves. They will fight through this struggle and come out victorious.