Chapter 16: The Departure

Evan was at his home, packing his stuff. He picked up his two trusty swords that he had used for over 5 years. He packed his bow with Power IV-Punch II. He grabbed an emergency pair of swords, incase his pair breaks and brought his elytra incase for need of flight, but it was necessary only to use in in emergencies due to its low durability. He put on his armor and left his house.

Evan sighed, "See you if I ever come back. Hopefully I will. I'll miss this old place."

Evan walked away from his home and headed to the gate to the outside. The air was mellow, the atmosphere was more melancholy than it already was.

He looked to the ground as he slowly walked toward his oncoming adventure.

Bradley put on his armor, grabbed the sword and axe that was given to him by his instructor as a gift for completing his training. He grabbed the pair of elytra that he had personally made for himself, some food and water, blocks, and a bed.

He left out of the front door of his house. He put his sword and axe on both sides and he set off to the gate.

Khane grabbed his axe from ontop of his desk, he grabbed some torches and some blocks to bridge over the lava.

He left hisbhome and headed to Ku's restaurant.

"15 steaks and 15 porkchops, please," Khane said to Ku.

"Alright," he replied, "Coming up!"

He waited for about 15 minutes and the food was ready. He paid Ku and headed off to the Nether Portal.

Felix picked up his bow from the hanger above his bed, got his biggest quiver and filled it with Harming II arrows, since they cannot be duplicated my the infinuty enchantment and brought a single arrow in case for backup.

He picked up some Fire Resistance potions, Jump Boost potions, and Swiftness potions. He grabbed a sword from ontop his desk, enchanted with Sharpness III, and Knockback I. 

 He left his home and headed off to the Nether Portal.

A crowd surrounded Evan and Bradley when they both had reached the gates. The outside felt more dead than before even though nothing had changed. The wind howls as the duo stares off into the distance, imagining all of their travels.

"Are you ready, Evan?" Bradley asked.

Evan nodded, "I'm kinda scared for this. We may not survive. You know that, right?"

"Yeah, I do," he replied, "But this is for our world. We need to protect it at all costs, you understand me?"

Evan nodded with a bit of determination in his eyes.

"Alright," he said, "Let's go off."

They waved goodbye to the crowd and left the safety of the walls of the Emerald Village. 

Khane and Felix were at the Nether Portal when three people pushed through the crowd. It was Thomas, Jane, and Carlos.

"Hey, buds," Thomas said to both, "Heard what you were chosen for. Well, we have some gifts for you two."

They gave some more food, a cauldron, a water bucket, a brewing stand, magma cream, blaze powder, nether wart, and some bottles.

"Wow!" Khane said, "This'll actually help us. Thanks so much, guys!"

"Yeah," Jane said, "No problem!"

"Glad to be of help," said Carlos.

They saluted their friends and left them to their duties.

"Come back alive instead of dead, alright? I'd not want to lose one or two more friends," Thomas shouted to them across the room.

"We'll try!" Felix responded.

The two looked into the purple void that is the Nether Portal, were mesmerized by the endless swirls of it's abyss. They knew the fiery depths of the nether and how dangerous it would be.

They grabbed their weapons, clenched tight and jumped into the portal together.

The travels of these two duos will be forever known as legendary.