Chapter 15 (Part 1): Another Visit to the King

Brandon and Braxton looked at the three of them. Both of them had a worried look as they slowly brought them to their seats.

"So, uhh," Brandon started, a bit freaked out, "Be a little careful of what you say. Mitch had been uptight earlier about the recent attacks and stress, slamming his desk and all. It took him a while to calm down."

The three gave them confused looks because they always knew Mitch as a calm guy.

"What do you mean?" Jane asked.

"What he's saying is," Braxton cut in, "Go easy on him. We've had a rough morning getting him to calm down, we don't need an even rougher afternoon."

They finally reach the seats and had the three to sit down. Thomas, Carlos, and Jane sit down on the chairs of Mitch's office as he told them about the bomb creatures and the skeletons, and why they have an alliance. They were looking at him with some sort of hope to find a way to end the attacks and live on their normal lives.

"So, sir," started Thomas, "Is there a reason to the alliance of the bomb creatures and the skeletons?"

Jane and Carlos looked at the King, expecting an answer. Mitch looked at Brandon and Braxton and motioned for them to leave the room. Brandon and Braxton understood, nodded, and turned to the door.

Once the door was shut, with the two advisors outside, Mitch spoke, "Those bomb things.." Mitch said, "..are creatures called.. the Creepers."

The three looked at him with confused faces. They didn't ask about what the name of the creature but about why they have an alliance with the skeletons.

"Those creatures were depicted in the pyramids of old," Mitch continued, "I have sent a team to learn more about them a few days ago and I haven't heard back yet. Their fighting style is to creep up on you, like an assasin, and blow up, like TNT, which is probably why you didn't realize you were attacked."

Thomas looked at the king. He can see he was tired, restless. He tried to tolerate Mitch's rambling.

"The skeletons may have been allies with us.." Mitch continued, "..but maybe the Creepers have managed to motivate them once again. This may elude to the alliance."

Thomas cut in, "But what about that alliance between the two monster races?" Thomas was starting to lose his temper.

"Wait, Thomas," Jane interuppted, "What do you mean, again?"

"Thank you, Jane," Mitch replied, "Thomas, why they are allies with the skeletons, well, that's a long story, and Jane, by again, I mean it from a mythological perspective. Nobody knows if any of this is true or not. The same story can explain both points, but you may not want to hear it."

Thomas's face just became uninterested, "Well," he started, "I want to hear it. I'm gonna wager the others want to as well. There may be useful information in there, you know?"

Carlos then finally came into the conversation, "And what else can we expect? More of the undead? The skeletons are already against us and we haven't seen zombies since the Great War. Will they come back?"

Mitch looked at the others. They all nodded and Mitch said, "Okay, I'll tell you."

"You all have heard about the Prophecy, am I correct?" Mitch asked.

The three nodded.

"Of course we've heard it," Carlos said.

"Well, I guess it's already been told to you. It is a story told to you when you were just children, but have you ever heard about the book of legend, 'Herobrine: A Tale'?"

They looked at him with puzzled faces. They clearly never say it, let alone heard about it. Mitch then closed his eyes.

"I'm going to guess not," he sighed.

He looked at the three, and then said, "Okay, listen here now. This is a dark story. A tale of woe. You will hear about the origin of these dark creatures, how they have come, and why we have never seen them until now. You will now find out why we have to take part in this war, as one of the greatest kingdoms of Minecraft and have successfully created the escape from our ultimate demise as a species. It all begins, with Herobrine, a skilled warrior and swordsman, a legend in legends.."

Then Mitch proceeds to tell the story of Herobrine and the connection to the current problem.

[A/N] Hey guys, so I'll be splitting this into three chapters just because, well, there's more content than this here and it would be wayy too long for a chapter at that point. Sooo yeah, that's my plan for this. Anyways, leave a vote or comment about what you think about this chapter 'cause I struggled to make this long enough. Thanks for reading!