Chapter 9: Hunting

Khane and Felix pulled out their respective weapons and were on the lookout for pigs, cows and chickens. It's been 2 hours and nothing was seen yet.

"Let's move our spot," Khane said.

"Yeah," Felix agreed.

They pulled out their last Ender Pearls and tossed them far into the horizon.
Once the pearl landed, they zoomed through the landscape and while they were going to their destination, Felix turned and saw a big creature killing a lot of pigs.

"what the..?" said Felix.

They stopped going through the land and Felix looks dumbfounded.

"Hey bro," said Khane, "What's up?"

"Let's go up that mountain," said Felix, quietly, "The animals are probably grazing there."

"Okaay..?" said Khane, a little confused.

They hiked up the mountain and looked around. Felix, on the other hand, looked out over the cliff to find the creature he saw earlier.

When he found the area, though, he only saw a bunch of dead pigs and a few craters.

Khane followed Felix, and gazed off the cliff.

"What the..?" asked Khane, a little comfused.

Felix told Khane, "Maybe we should investigate it."

Khane agreed.

They put on their elytras and jumped.

They never tried to glide with them so this is quite new to them. They tried to turn right and instead of turning right, to the craters, they ended up on a crash course with the ground.

Panicked, Khane pulled a switch on the side of his elytra and zoomed up. Felix tried to follow but couldn't find the switch.

He prepared for death, but by chance he found the switch on the side and grazed the long grass on the ground.

Felix landed on the site where Khane was seen investigating the scene.
"Any clue?" Felix asked.

"Well, I only found that the pigs are kind of withered, like what those wither roses from the Nether Fortress do," said Khane.

Felix looks at the meat the pigs dropped and most of it has been withered away. All that's left of it is a blackened part of pork.

"Oh goodness," said Felix.

"What's up?" asked Khane.

"We should bring this to Mitch," replied Felix.

"Yeah," Khane agreed.

And with that, and some withered pork that they know their brewers can fix, they set off back to Emerald Mountain.