Chapter 15 (Part 2): The Tale

This tale, is a sad one.

Everything started with Amara. He was a very powerful fellow. Able to master the thousands of sword techniques, he was one of the master swordsmen of his day.

But everything ended when he met a strange person. They had a hood covering their face. The only thing that can be seen are two shining red eyes.

"Who are you?" Amara asked.

The person did not reply. They just threw their hand forward, forcing Amara to choke.

"Why.. are yo-u.. here..?" he asked, choking on the force of the being.

"Greetings," it said, "I am the not a human, and I am not a monster. I'm just.. an entity. I've seen what you can do." It dropped Amara from it's grasp. He was panting for air, coughing.

"Why did you come here?" he asked.

"You are destined for power," the entity said, "Destined for glory."

"Wh-what?" Amara asked, "What does that even mean? I'm just your average swordsman.

"But you are more than average," the entity replied, "You have proven yourself many times in the past. You have to give yourself credit. It's a must."

Amara looked at the entity and saw in those knowing eyes that he was telling the truth.

"Well, if you chose to make me stronger than ever just because I'm the best of my time, there are many more you could've chosen," he stated.

The entity just chuckled, "You think that fighters stronger than you are more worthy? They may be stronger, but none are more humble than you. The others are arrogant, challenging everyone around them."

Amara looked at the entity and realized that, yes, he was.

"Then," Amara asked, "What must I do to give myself credit?"

"Meet me at the temple," the entity said, "The initiation shall proceed there."

Amara nodded, and the next day, he packed up and headed for the temple.

The guards of the temple saw him, recognised him, and let him through.

Amara told them to leave, for he had a duty to do in the temple.

The being stood in the center of the structure and motioned for Amara to come forward.

"To do this, you must carve into this slab anything you wish to have," it said.

Amara nodded, and proceeded to carve drawings of an army. Bony archers, green bombs, giant spiders, butning creatures, and many more. He then carved one final creature, with a long body and three heads.

"Now," the being then said, "Bring that slab here to the center."

Amara brought it to the center and set it on an altar the entity made. The two stared at the slab for a while.

The entity then raised it's hand over the slab and chanted.

Tenebris facta,
Lux evanescet.