Chapter 16 new techniques.

Chapter 16.

As the loyalist forces plan to attack the rebellion HQ a failure they had no other alternative but to retreat for the day. With the enemy in full retreat, this presented the defense force the opportunity to catch their wind. Getting to the rally point they noted the results of the engagement, multiple people were wounded and a few were dead. After administering first aid and making sure everyone was well enough for travel they started the long trek back to the base. During the walk, both Amane and Chusei were fussing over the blonde to his annoyance. Both making sure he didn't overexert himself before they reached camp. Arriving at the new location they noticed the defenses were still being established. As they stepped into the encampment the guards simply nodded to them before turning back to their posts. They were soon called to Mei's tent to be debriefed, arriving they saw her sitting behind her desk with a smile on her face.

"First I'm relieved to see you've all returned and sad for those who didn't make it." She said bowing her head for a minute in honor of the fallen. "I've gotten the report that the loyalist forces have retreated to their fortress, so we shouldn't have to worry about them for a while. Also, you will be assigned missions in the following days. So take the time to rest and report to the medics to get looked over no doubt the battle was harsh, dismissed." She said as they bowed then all left for the medical tents. Checking up on the others their worries were lifted when they found out while injured they didn't lose anyone. The medics were a little fussy over Naruto who at first refused to be looked at saying he was fine and didn't need it. Only to give in when the head medic came and she gave him a death stare that would scare the late Madara Uchiha.

"Shesh they didn't have to be so rough." The blonde said as he stretched. "That's cause you refused treatment idiot!" The raven said. "She's right you know, it would have been easier just to accept it," Chusei added in his usual monotone. "Thanks, a lot guys, I feel the support." He sighed to which his teammates chuckled too. "So what are you two going to do since we have some time off?" he said looking to the duo. "Well, I'm likely going to read and do some light training until our orders are received. What about you Amane?" Chusei asked the raven of the group. "I'm likely going to ask for some training from one of the medics since our squad lack one it would help if we had a healer." She said with a hand on her chin in thought the two agreed it would help in the coming battles. They all went to their tent to rest up for the night before morning came and they all went their own ways.

Naruto walked out of the camp to find a small clearing where he sat propped up against a tree and meditated. Once he reopened his eyes he was inside his mindscape in front of the cage. "Hey, Kurama you there?' He asked to only hear silence until. "ZZZZZZZZ!" The blonde's eye twitched at this. 'WAKE UP YOU LAZY FOX!!' The fox in question was startled awake from the mental scream. "Huh...what?! I was having pleasant dreams of hunting rabbits." He said before drifting off to sleep again."Wake up already!" He yelled and banged his fist on the bars. "Grr. Shut up brat, you should know better than to wake the all-mighty kitsune. I've killed for less so I think you should show some respect!" He snarled as he pressed against the bar and glared at the blonde. "Yeah, Yeah but you promised to help me with training." He replied waving off the death threats from the fox. "Sigh, fine if it will keep you from interrupting my nap then alright." The fox replied with the blonde almost jumping for joy. Alright first leave your mindscape and we will start from there." The blonde nodded before willing himself back and sat up from his spot. "First have you learned the secret of the shadow clones?" He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What secret?" Kurama sighed. "So you haven't noticed, make a clone and send it behind the tree and hold up a random number of fingers." Still confused he obeyed and sent the clone behind a tree. "Alright, now what?" He asked in curiosity "Dispell the clone and tell me how many fingers he was holding." He immediately dispelled and gasped as the memories of the clone holding up four fingers came to him. "He was holding four but how did I know that!" The foxed chuckled at his childish tone. "The shadow clones can transfer memories of what they see and experience to the original. So you will see what they see and feel what they feel. With that in mind, you will be able to use it by lessening the training time." The blonde was ecstatic he found a super cheat to rank up faster than everyone.