Chapter 22 Amane's truth.

Path of hardships chapter 23:

"You there no stopping!" A chunin with a scar running down the left side of his face shouted towards the girl beside me. The sudden sound making her flinch. "I'm sorry sir...I was just taking a small-." She attempted to say before her head collided with the table she was sitting at. "No excuses if I see any of you slacking off your dead!" he snapped eyeing the rest of us daring us to backtalk him. Through it all, I sat silently eyes towards the table focused on my work. Mending armor and uniforms for my captors with little to no break time.

I had awoken here after the failed ambush attempt on that Kiri officer. This workcamp is where they took those unlucky enough to be captured or earn the ire of a high official. The camp produced goods for the war front. They split us based on sex with males working in the mines or the forge. While females were forced to sow and craft medicine.

We received little to no breaks and the bare minimum of food and water to survive. No one dared to escape due to the seals placed upon our bodies. If we strayed too far from the compound the seal would explode killing those foolish enough to run.

Throughout it all, she bore the pain and abuse they threw at her. She wouldn't cry nor beg ever again, that was the promise she made so long ago.

Flashback:

In the distance, smoke was seen coming from a village. While screams and wails echoed from it.

"Hehe. What was that I couldn't hear you?" A large man said with a grin while pulling a young child's hair. "P-please stop." The child begged the man. "Oh, but it's too soon right boys?!" He spoke in a low sing-song voice. "Yeah!" They returned laughing as they ruffed up the remaining villagers.

One bandit walked up to the leader and tossed a bag down. "Boss this is all these scum had." Dropping the girl and turning he frowned at the meager loot. "You is there anything else of worth in the dirty village." The leader shouted turning to the elder. "No sir we are poor hunters and tradesmen, this is all we possess." He replied with his head bowed avoided eye contact.

"Then we no longer need you lot." He said with a sneer turning towards the band. "No please, kill me but spare the others!" The elder shouted standing up and grabbing the leader's sleeve. "How dare you touch me!" He shouted spinning around and stabbing the elder in the chest with a dagger.

"We're leaving hurry and clean this filth up." He stated before walking off. The other villagers begged to no avail as the bandits executed them one by one. Until the only one left was a small child shaking with wide eyes.

"Oh last one. Stay still and I'll end this quickly." the bandit said raising his sword above his head. Seeing the end approaching the child closed their eyes praying for a swift end.

Instead of pain, a loud clanging forced their eyes open. 'Who the hell are you!" The bandit shouted at the figure. Looking closer it was a tall man with brown hair. "No one you should be worried about.!" He replied and with a flash drove a kunai through his throat. Wasting no time the child grasped the dead bandit's sword and aimed it towards the new figure.

"Oh?" was the man's only reply with a quirked brow. "You have strong eyes young one." He spoke after a moment of silence confusing the child. "You have no reason to trust me but I offer you a chance of revenge. Stay with me and I shall grant you strength." He said with a low voice. "Unless you wish to remain here if so then I shall leave." The man finished turning and began to walk down the road. "I accept!" The child yelled making him turn with a serious expression.

"Then I welcome you, what is your name young one?" He asked with a small smile putting her at ease. "A-Amane." She replied with tears. "I am Shoji. First, dry those tears as my disciple you shall not show weakness." She nodded and wiped them away with her sleeve. Following behind Shoji she witnessed his might as he killed the bandit who raided her home.

Here and now Amane promised herself, she would grow stronger. Strong enough to protect not only herself but everyone she cared for. As they left the ruins she stared back once more at her home. The image saved forever in her mind as her first step and prove of the oath.

Flashback end:

Just as a child she would endure and grow stronger from this until the other came and rescued her. For now, Amane would wait and prepare for her escape and revenge on the guards. She would enjoy destroying this place but for now to play the part just like the others.

End.