Bets

✩♥✩♥

Because we're goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married
Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married
Gee, I really love you
And we're gonna get married
Goin' to the chapel of love

✩♥✩♥

Aubrey's POV

"I'm getting married!" My sister, Rebecca cheered. I was in shock, she said that she would never marry Austin but I guess that changed. Grant it, she was drunk when she said that and she had four stages to being drunk. The first stage was sloppy drunk, then happy drunk, romantic drunk, and last but not least lying drunk. So she was probably lying, but I could still have my doubts.

My mom and dad erupted into cheer, "Oh my goodness, congrats!" They hugged her and kissed her cheeks. I looked down at my sparkling cider and looked back at them, they were still all over her asking questions.

My godmother/aunt sat next to me, "What's that face for?"

I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't really know why. It's just hearing about my sister getting married is kinda crazy, she was never the romantic type, and she never really cared for it either. "I'm surprised, I didn't know Austin would bite the bullet like that. They've been dating for.." I started to count in my head.

"A year, Aubrey. That's a long time to the both of them." She whispered.

"How long do you think it'll last?" I joked. A lot of people knew during serious times I would crack jokes, which when your dad is head of a company, it really never comes in handy. Smith Enterprises, it was big and everyone cared about us. We were monitored by media, we were criticized in everything we do, and of course we were rich. One of the richest families in the states, almost number one, but the Davidsons were at the top. We were close and alway competing against each other for that number one spot.

"I think a long time, a couple children, and maybe a divorce." She joked. The thing with my godmother is she was almost exactly like me, she was my mothers sister. My godmother Lily, knew how to make me happy and make sure I always did my best. My mom was kinda like the step mom that wants to get involved with your life, but really doesn't know how to do so.

"How about you get ready for bed, I'll come up later and we can chat our night away." She smiled.

"Even though I have school tomorrow, I would love too!"

I got up and went over to my parents, "Mom and Dad, I'm going upstairs. Congrats Rebecca!" I hugged her, Rebecca and I were close as sisters. But we weren't so close as real friends, we had to act like we tolerate each other because that's what the media was looking for, they were looking to tear you apart.

--------

"So he proposed?" Asked Adalyn.

"I guess so, he bite the bullet and asked her." I walked into my closest getting a pair of sweats and a blue crop top out. I put them on and walked back out to where my laptop was, were I was facetiming Adalyn for the third time today.

"Between us they won't last." She whispers.

"You don't think I haven't already thought of that. I'm not even sure if he really loves her, what happens if he's a gold-digger." She brings up this scenario every single time we talk about their relationship.

"I don't think he's a gold-digger, he's wealthy. They met at boarding school, what's the worst that could happen?"

"A couple of children and a divorce." I hear Lily say from behind me. Adalyn laughs and waves at her, "How are my favorite girls?" She asks.