Our Little Secret

Chapter 11 {edited}

Aubrey's POV

I walked into my dad's office without a care in the world. My hair was in a messy bun, I was wearing my favorite grey sweatpants, and a black long t-shirt. People looked me up and down, not in a good way of course. More like a, 'What the hell?' type of way. I honestly didn't care what people were thinking because last night with Alex was amazing.

After we got our snacks and drinks we watched a ton of movies and Netflix originals. It was amazing and the best part is how I woke up this morning. In his arms and loving every second of it. We ate breakfast together then after he left I called Adalyn and talked about all the amazing things. She was jealous which made me laugh.

I knocked on my dad's door and I heard him say come in. When I did he stopped what he was doing and widened his eyes. "Good-afternoon, Father."

He quickly got up and shut the door before walking with me to my office. "What do you think you're wearing?" He looked down at his watch. "And what are you doing here? Your mother said-"

"I know what Mom said." I logged into my computer and sat down in my chair. "You, my dear friend, can not do anything without me. So I'm helping you even though I don't really want to see your face."

"Aubrey!"

I held up my hands in surrender. "Okay, sorry. I'm bored too, I haven't even started the project with Anthony yet and I just know it's going to be hell." I looked down at my phone and then looked back up. "Can I use one of the conference rooms for him and I to work in? I would feel better because I'd be here and he wouldn't try doing anything."

Dad huffed and nodded his head. "Yes Aubrey. You may use one of the conference rooms. The one with the view?"

I loved the room with the view, it was always so gorgeous. Sometimes during long nights you could see the gorgeous sunsets and if you stayed overnight, the sun rises were one of a kind. I didn't normally stay that long but sometimes I would come in that early and it would be a wonderful sight. "Of course."

He looked down at the floor and started tapping his toes while I tapped along on my computer keys. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him open and close his mouth trying to tell me something. He looked perplexed, like he was thinking what to say to me without messing things up. I opened a new document and he finally found his voice. "How's your Mother doing?"

I looked up at him and shrugged my shoulders. "She cleaned out your side of the closest last night and put everything in trash bags. She asked if we were still having dinner with the Davidsons and... Oh, right. Downed two bottles of wine last night with Lily." Mom and Lily were super drunk when they stumbled through the house. It was honestly really concerning but Alex and I laughed it off like it was nothing.

"She downed two bottles?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, is there a problem with that?"

"Does she know you're here?"

I shook my head and he sighed. "Aubrey, you're going to get me into trouble."

I shrugged my shoulders and continued tapping along on the keys. Soon afterwards he walked back into his office and I heard him dial something on the work phone. I stopped tapping and leaned back in my chair trying to listen, I was quickly stopped when Anthony and his father walked into my office. It threw me completely off guard because no one knew about the way to get into my side. Everyone thought you had to get through my father''s side.

I quickly stood up and slid the door shut that was connecting my father and I. I motioned them to have a seat and I took a seat at my desk, I didn't know why they were here. Or how they knew I was here for that matter, I didn't alert anyone.