Is He The Guy I Need?

Laying next to Alex was both a blessing and a curse.

I felt terrible for everything that's happened in the past week and for once I just wanted to feel normal like him. But he's been acting different; his hair is a mess and his eyes were bloodshot like he'd been crying or doing worse than that. I didn't know what to think and if this was my fault.

Someone had snapped a photo of Anthony and I hugging, we were trending for at least two days before someone's divorce took over the spotlight. Alex looked devastated as he walked into school that day and I couldn't lie and say I felt the same. It was hard to look both of them in the eyes, even Adalyn for God sakes! Her breakup still wasn't getting through her head, she told me she wakes up smiling before remembering her relationship with Zach was over.

My hand lingered close to his but he snapped his away and I knew then that I had messed up. Everything about this past week wasn't good for either of us and I knew this was all my fault. I should've kept my hands to myself and I definitely shouldn't have almost kissed Anthony. This was all my fault.

I turned over so I was facing him or as I close as I could be. He was looking up at the ceiling, not giving me the light of day. A tear drop streamed down onto his covers, but I knew he didn't care and he wouldn't until I gave him a proper explanation. "Alex, talk to me," Another tear dropped. "Please?"

He looked up at the ceiling some more before finally looking at me and turning to his side. I felt it happen in slow motion, he couldn't look at me any faster. When his eyes met mine I started to smile, I couldn't help myself. "Please don't be mad at me, Alex."

He shook his head. "I'm not mad at you, Aub," He paused. "I'm just surprised."

"That just doesn't mean you ignore me for almost a whole entire week!" I whined. I had no shame while doing it either, I wanted to get my point across.

He stayed silent as he moved a piece of hair out of my sight. He trailed his finger down my arm and towards my hip before pulling me closer towards him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head in the crook of his neck while he rubbed the small of my back. I still didn't tell him about my father, I knew I couldn't. I knew I could trust Alex but something inside of me was screaming two people were enough.

My emotions did get the best of me but right when I started to cry he pulled back from me. He had a brow raised and he didn't look impressed with me. I didn't know what to do as he looked at me with such disgust. I wanted to scream, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to cry! But everything got the best of me as I grabbed my shoes and started running out of his house.

I heard his front door open as I closed my driver seat door. I tried to put the key in the ignition but he soon opened the passenger seat door and got in. "I'm so sorry, Aubrey," He put his head in his hands and raked his fingers through his hair. "I don't know why I did that."

I wanted to hit my head on the steering wheel and make it honk, I wanted to scream and cry about my father, with everything in me I just wanted to be done. Gone. Vanished. But that'd make more headlines then I wanted so right now, staying here is what needed to happen. As easy as everything sounded, life was hard.

Father's having an affair, mother's crying herself to sleep at night, and Becca is freaking out because of her wedding. It didn't matter how much I wanted to help with anything, I just couldn't. I felt so helpless as my world crashed around me, even with Alex in the car with me I still felt dizzy almost.

He used to be my world, my everything. Now it seemed like we didn't care about each other. We only cared about the kisses we gave each other and how it made us feel, nothing in between. It hit me that I didn't think I actually loved him. That this relationship of ours was purely lustful, but the question is did he feel that way too?