Construction to the Heart

When I took a seat in my desk, I felt almost unstoppable. But yet again, all parties have to come to an end. As I moved the documents from in front of me into a manilla folder, Father walked in and smiled at me.

"I thought I told them you weren't allowed up here anymore."

"The company is still mine." He spat. "And it will be mine until you sign the transfer documents."

I rested my hands in front of me and looked at him. I tried to figure out and think about where he might be staying or if he was staying with her. But I didn't want to think that way either, so I pushed those feelings deep inside of me trying not to pay attention to anything he was doing.

"What do you need?" I asked. "I have a meeting in ten minutes."

"You should be at school."

"I've already called in and I already finished my work." I looked towards my computer and started to type on a random page to act like I was really busy. I just wanted him to be out of my hair, but knowing him he was going to make this harder then it would have to be. So I kept typing until he took a seat in front of my desk.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched him take out his phone and start typing something up. Was he doing the same thing as me? I thought to myself. I shook my head trying to get the feeling out and continued to look at my computer. It had almost been a month since I moved into his office and I was happy about it too. No more small office for me, I was moving onto bigger and better things. I just knew it.

"You won't be able to build that hotel with a signature from me. I still own the company." He smiled evilly at me. "And I won't be signing that because it's your school project. I'm not going to hand over the company if this is what you plan on doing with it."

"Fucking ass," I mumbled. "It's not my fault, alright? I'm trying to help Becca and our family because you royally fucked up. So give it a rest, Father. Let me have a moment and feel like I'm helping my family. You already told me it was my turn to take over and if it wasn't for your scandal, then I wouldn't be getting this company so soon."

He raised a brow at me. "Is this how we feel about everything going on?" He asked.

"Yes, it is."

I had already had a plan if he didn't want to hand over the company after all. Anthony and I had been talking about it the same night I made the decision that I would need help from his father. A public press conference where I tell everyone who comes that my father had an affair. That I will be taking over the company because it' for the best.

As my door swung open again, I looked at Anthony. I raised a brow as I looked him up and down. A suit, why the hell was he in a suit? It was classy and I definitely wasn't complaining by any means but this was new. Very new and it's not like we wore fancy clothes around the office too much. So this was a breath of air, I didn't know if it was entirely fresh though.

He took a few steps in and then looked at my Father. I watched their exchange of glances and just from that, I could tell something was going on. There was a never a time their glances were that bad, but Anthony took a seat next to my father and smiled at me. "When you have the time, can I talk with you?"

"My father was just leaving." I smiled at the two of them. "So you can talk to me now."

Dad held up a finger towards me. "I was not just leaving. I still need to talk to you. Without my signature on that final plan, then there's nothing."

"A lot more then your signature needs to be on the document.  I'm going to make this work no matter what, I've already co-signed many documents when you were busy traveling. Do not think I haven't thought this through."

I pressed the button on my phone and started talking. "Please have security remove my father from the building." I looked at him. "And that's final."

The doors opened seconds later, the big beefy men that my father had once hired were putting there hands around his arms.

"Do not touch me," Father spat.

"Goodbye, Father!" I wiggled my fingers watching him being taken out.

When the door closed, I felt my heart drop. I'm changing into my father, I thought. I didn't like that there was a chance I could be turning into him. But this was my life now, and I'd do anything to protect this place.

"Has your Father always been an asshole?" Anthony asked.

I put my hands in the air and shrugged my shoulders, unable to find the proper words. "I bet you could tell me, Anthony. You've known him as long as I have."

He nodded his head. "You look stressed."

"I wasn't expecting a visit from my Father today, Anthony." I sighed. "I just want to build this hotel, I need to start now."

Anthony looked at me, his eyes shining brightly. Until suddenly, it looked like something went off in his head.

"Aubrey, this might be a stupid idea."

I crooked my head and nodded at him to continue.

"But what happens if my Father started construction on the hotel. Almost like a low-key partnership. We can sign over the hotel and..."

I stood up and looked at the smart man in front of me. "Jesus Christ, why didn't we think of this sooner? This is a perfect idea and- sure, i'll have to get my lawyers on board, but wow."

I walked towards him and grabbed into his hands. "Are you sure about this?"

He nodded his head. "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, call your father over here. He had a meeting he needs to attend."

~~~
Hello, wonderful people! I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to upload. I picked my mental health over social media for awhile but I'm back and feeling much better.

Here's the long awaited chapter! I promise i'm going to try and upload more, schools been kicking my ass with amounts of work. But once summer hits, I'm hoping weekly uploads will become a thing again!

thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for 4k reads 🥺🥺 along with all the votes this book got while it was gone. It made me feel so special and excited.

-addison<3