i ♥️ you

Chapter 10

Aubrey's POV

I walked into my moms room and there were trash bags full of clothes and I heard music coming from the closet. "Mom?" There she was throwing all my dad's clothes into black trash bags. She took the tie hanger and threw it into the bag along with his cufflinks.

"Hi honey, I didn't think you would be home for awhile. I was just getting some of Cooper's old things away." She was calling dad, Cooper now. This isn't too good.

"Are you okay?"

She laughed and kept putting more clothes into trash bags, "Considering I'm throwing away all of his suits, no. Your father was married to his job and I hated it. I'm so glad I threw that ring at him." My eyes widened in shock. Did she want a divorce? Was the only thing ringing through my head.

"I'm not divorcing your father hun. We already have too many kids, I don't want to break you. Also weren't we supposed to have dinner with Anthony and his family? When was that scheduled?" She was spiraling.

I shrugged my shoulders, "The reason I came in here was to see if Alex could come over."

She smiled at me and nodded her head, "Of course. He can even stay the night if his heart desires. Turner's out of the house and your father is too. Your sister is with her fiancé. It'll be fun, I'm going to invite Lily over. I need to see her!" You know how you kinda know when your parents are drunk or like acting that way? Well here's my moms drunk, cool mom, flirty mom, and emotional mom. I bet she had a couple glasses of wine before cleaning out her closest.

I nodded my head and backed out of her room. I quickly sent him a text saying he could come over and then started cleaning up my room. Normally I wouldn't care what my room looked like, but he is my boyfriend and I should show him I'm actually a clean person. Why do I care so much?

I ran down the steps and towards the door when I heard Ty questioning Alex. I always knew it was whoever I wanted to come over because he was so loud, I could hear him from my room most days.

I opened the door and pulled him in, "Hey gorgeous."

"Hey handsome."

My mom was walking down the steps with the trash bags in her hands. When she saw Alex she dropped them, rubbed her hands on the side of her pants and held out her hand, "You must be Alex. I'm Malia."

"It's so nice to meet your Mrs. Smith."

"You don't have to call me that, Malia is just fine. Also door open and Lily is coming over." She smiled at us and got the bags again before throwing them out the door and talking to Ty about it.

"Who's Lily?"

"My godmother and aunt, trust me she's fine. She likes everyone she meets." I mumble and pull him up the steps and to my room. We sit down on the bed and start getting comfortable. We start watching a movie and we both start going on our phones during the boring parts. "Smile."

"No! I look bad!" I smiled while covering my face. He starts laughing and soon enough so do I. He leans in kissing me and keeps kissing my lips, making me laugh even more. "You're so adorable." He says.

I get up and walk into the bathroom. I open the drawer with the face masks and grab one hoping he'll do one with me. "You're kidding me, right?"

"You're doing this with me. I'll put yours on, it'll be easy. Now lift up your bangs so I can put this green goop on you."

He laughs and listens, "I'd hardly call them bangs. Also green goop sounds weird, that is legit the brightest aqua blue ever." I roll my eyes and start putting it on his face. You know how sometimes people look really good in face masks and sometimes others don't? Like they get it perfectly around their face. Yeah this is the only time it's actually happened. He looks so good!

"Look at how cute you look!", "I think it's only fair if I put yours on." He took the bottle from me and spun me around so we were in different positions.  That sounds weird. He started applying the mask and I was putting my hair in a low messy pony. Sometimes I could look homeless and others I could be cute. Tonight was one of the cutest ones I did in messy ponytail history. When he was done I couldn't help but take a photo of the both of us in the mirror. He had his arms around my waist and his chin on my shoulder. It was a cute photo.

"Why am I so tempted to put this on instagram?"

"Probably to show your 1.2 million followers your hot as fuck boyfriend and how adorable we are." Now I still didn't know how I got that many followers on instagram. The truth was people saw my dad's instagram because he has one for no reason and then the media started talking about me. So I basically have every social media platform you can think of. But it was super fun and a lot of the people at our school had a lot of followers. Including Alex, but followers didn't matter.

So I posted the photo with the caption, i <3 you, and of course the first comment was Adalyn. Shocker, I know. Then we put away our phones and kept watching the movie until it was finally time to take the mask off.

It had to be around eleven when we went downstairs to get some snacks. But of course my mom let out a laugh, so did Lily, scaring the living shit out of Alex and I. They were most liking drunk on cheap wine because that's what Lily brought over when they wanted to cry the days away. But we got our snacks and rushed back upstairs so my aunt and mom wouldn't do anything they would regret.