Explore the World

✩♡✩♡

All that you are is all that I'll ever need

✩♡✩♡

Aubrey's POV

"Miss. Aubrey it's time to wake up." Ms.Powers told me.

"It's Aubrey and thank you. Tell dad I'll be downstairs in thirty or so minutes." I got up walked to my bathroom, I washed my face, put on little makeup because my dad thinks that if I wear to much makeup to the private school he pays good money for that'll I'll turn into one of those snobby rich girls, which by the looks of it has already happened. I turned on my flat iron and started to fix my hair so it laid flat. I don't know why but there was something about having my hair straight that made me feel like I had my life put together.

I walked into my closet and picked up my god awful uniform I threw there yesterday. Since my dad gave the school money every single year why couldn't he say, on Mondays and Fridays you can wear whatever you want. Couldn't he bring up the idea the next time he gave money to them? Was that too much to ask for?

I looked into the mirror and fixed anything that seemed wrong with my outfit because I knew my mom would do that right when I stepped into the dinning hall. After realizing everything looked perfect, I grabbed my bag and my sports bag and walked downstairs.

I sat down and grabbed a piece of toast, I wasn't hungry right now because my nerves where up about my lacrosse scrimmage and my stupid tests today. "Please eat something other than toast, I'll think I've failed as a mother." She joked.

"You haven't failed as a mother, I'm just not hungry." I took another bite of my toast trying to make my mom feel better.

"When will Turner be home?" Mom asked. My dad looked up from his phone and rubbed her hand, "I don't know, last we spoke he was arriving today and staying for a long time." My mothers face immediately lit up, Turner was my older brother. He was one of the favorite children, you would think since I was the youngest they would let everything slide. But no, they actually let everything slide for the two others. I'm the most watched by them.

Turner went off to go exploring around the world because he said he needed 'a me year', yes that's right he took a whole year to exploring around the whole entire world, just for self love. I get self love is important, but a whole year? That was a little absurd. Grant it, I still loved him with all my heart. He was the one who helped me with Lily wasn't there or my parents were busy trying to keep the company in check. My siblings didn't want the company, so my parents figured since I'm their last child and have the best grades out of them, that I would help run the company until it was my time. But I didn't want it to be my time, I just wanted to settle down when I'm older with my family and not worry about profits and competitors.

"He should be back in time for you scrimmage today." Dad looked at me.

"Great, one more thing to distract the girls with." The girls on my team would always pay attention to him when he was in the stands, so when I would pass the ball to them they wouldn't know it was coming, it would normally end up with every girl trying to get the ball, but then one of the girls would accidentally rake it and get a penalty. It would make our coaches upset and in return the coaches would give us extra conditioning during practice or after the game. When it was after the game all the girls would want to die.

"Well I'm flattered that you think I distract the girls!" He cheered. "Turner!" I cheered running up to him. Even though I acted like I hated him, he was my favorite sibling. He wrapped his arms around me and we hugged.