Finally happening

Chapter 22

Aubrey's POV

When I arrived at my fathers office, camera's were all around the office. Trying to stay away from them was one thing and trying not to listen to their questions was another. With a hand in front of my face and my father's new security being on every side of me, I had to find my way towards the door.

I walked towards the elevator trying to pass the ladies eyes but sometimes nothing can even pass them. The security detail was behind me and I was trying to take deep breaths as I entered my private elevator. Something used to be calming in here; but now it was filled with this uneasy feeling that was hard to explain.

More security were outside both my father's and I's offices. They didn't break their powerful stature as I walked into father's office. He was sitting at his desk running his fingers through his hair, there were bags under his eyes, and it looked like he hadn't shaved in days either. Which is why he looked quite familiar to a couple weeks ago.

"What's going on out there? These questions being yelled in our faces, the camera's making me look like a ghost, everything is going wrong father. So tell me what the hell is happening." Ever since the day he had seen Anthony and I kiss in the elevator, it was like he had a new found respect for me.

Only this time he couldn't do anything about it because I still had all the blackmail against him wether I liked it or not.

"Aubrey, just go to your office and leave me alone. I can't be dealing with two screaming people in my life right now." He pointed towards my office and with everything in me I didn't want to go or listen to him.

There was something different about how his office looked. Almost bare in a sense, it seemed that everything was gone. Only his computer and desk things were left and I didn't like this. This feeling of maybe we might be done scared me. I wouldn't be surprised if the divorce was making headlines already, it was supposed to be a secret. But even our safest secrets find a way of getting out.

"Alright, I'll go." I said, some what mad that I would even listen to his instructions.

As I started to walk towards my office, I felt weird. Not sick, but mentally weird. Like at any second he could drop a bomb on me and for once, I didn't want to hear it. It scared me as I sat down in my chair and started to log into my computer. But all I knew was that this week was going to be a weird one.

A couple hours later after mass amounts of work and two meetings father finally did call me into his office for a sit down. I watched as he pointed towards the chair and leaned back in his own, all while he kept one hand on the table and the other cracking it's own knuckles. I learned from a young age that he would do that when he was nervous. Only when, which seemed weird because I thought he would never get scared.

He sighed and started to take a document out of one of his drawers and when he slid it over towards me, I realized what it entailed.

"The company, Father?"

My heart was already racing by the time he started to nod his head yes. My hands moved from my lap towards the paper in a matter of seconds. It was like I was trying to figure out if the paper sitting in front of me was real, in any way. So I scanned through it looking at all the terms and the last page. The page that was fit for my signature. And suddenly the camera's outside were starting to make sense.