Just Dandy

Chapter 12 

Aubrey's POV

The conference room was quiet as I waited for Anthony to arrive. My father had his personal assistant make sure we had everything we could possibly need at the big table. Jugs of water, snacks to the side, and of course our assignment guidelines. We already figured out that we were going to be designing a hotel, but that was all I could think of.

Last night I felt like I got no sleep with Adalyn with me. My mind raced trying to figure out how I was going to get back at my dad, and later on I really did figure out a plan. But I knew it would get into lots of trouble. I would out of his will or I wouldn't take over the company. Either or, both terrible things.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Anthony said, while walking in and taking a seat.

I nodded my head and looked down at my phone. Instagram and twitter had nothing new, other than the gossip channels talking about Becca's wedding. We started to plan but nothing was in full detail yet, just some month decisions. Like dress shopping, cake tasting, and venue hopping. It was going to be fun and I couldn't wait to go with her. That's if I'm invited though.

"How are you taking the news?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Good question, I'm not taking it well." I rubbed my temples. "I don't want to talk to you about that though, just from now on only talk to me about the project please." I couldn't bear talking to him about it. I wouldn't care if he was trying to help, I would still feel lost. Oh right, and he could tell his father how I'm feeling and they could use that as immediate blackmail.

"That's alright." He opened up his silver MacBook Air and started typing along. I tried my hardest to look at the guidelines again and try figuring out what exactly was happening. We had to figure out funds, blueprints, what your place of choice would be, and how it was going to benefit the general public.

A hotel could go just that. Benefit the general public, rich and destitute. I was thinking that all the rooms as you go up in sales could have something different. The lower rooms could have the basics and as you up the money latter your room would be more equipped with new things. A kitchen, a big bathroom, a mini bar. The possibilities were quite endless.

I looked at Anthony but he was already looking at me from the rim of his computer. "What are you looking at, Anthony?" I asked, clearly not having it.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Absolutely nothing." He said. "Now what are your plans for our hotel?"

I stared at him. "Have you not been thinking about this?" Now I knew why my dad fired so many people. I mean come on! You have to have a plan and not just leave it to the woman in charge.

He widened his eyes and looked back down at his computer while typing along. I swear I could've smashed that computer on his head and I wouldn't have felt bad about it. I glared at him and slowly started shutting his computer on his hands. He moved them away and put them to the sides of his computer, almost shielding it.

"I swear to God, Anthony. Did you only come up with the idea for a hotel? Nothing else? Was just like, oh I hotel! How classy!" I mimicked his voice at the end, but all he did was chuckle at me and my horrid attempts at trying to sound like him.

"I mean, I thought of something." He grabbed onto my hand and started to hold it. "Didn't I?" He whispered, which sent good shivers down my spine. In a good way? Was that even possible?

I swallowed the lump in my throat and took in a shallow breath. He was almost smirking at me but I couldn't let him get to me like that. I just couldn't, I'd get in trouble and-- Oh my, the perfect person to make my plan work. It would be absolutely perfect, me pretending to date Anthony would make my dad go bat shit crazy.